Using Geb for automatic assignment grading

Dilvan Moreira

May 2, 2018, 7:47:57 AM5/2/18
to Geb Development Mailing List
   Is it possible to use (or adapt) Geb for automatic assignment grading? The idea is to assign grades to each feature a student gets right (passes a test using Geb).

   I never used Geb before, but I've been using groovy for more than 3 years and have developed a DSL using it. I would like to know:
  1. Can I find which "features" (maybe asserts) failed in a Geb script programatically?
  2. Is it possible to add an option in Geb to assign "weights" to assert successes and add them? Can you point me to the relevant documentation?
   Thanks,
Dilvan.

Marcin Erdmann

May 3, 2018, 5:13:04 PM5/3/18
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dilvan,

Geb is test framework agnostic and has no concept of feature/test. It is in general a browser automation solution written in Groovy on top of WebDriver and it comes with a number of integrations for test frameworks - Spock, JUnit and TestNG. So if you already have anything built for automatic assignment grading using any of the frameworks mentioned it should be trivial to adapt it to be used with Geb.

I hope this helps but don't hesitate to ask additional questions if you have any.

Cheers,
Marcin