can't access gmail settings in Firefox with gears enabled.

DarrenG

Mar 10, 2011, 9:57:01 PM3/10/11
to gears...@googlegroups.com

I am running Firefox 3.6.15 on Windows 7 ultimate x64. Google gears version is 0.5.36.0. I have disabled all other extensions.  When I am in gmail clicking on the mail settings menu does nothing if gears is enabled. There are no errors that appear in the error console, just nothing happens and it doesn't take me to the settings page.  Also from that menu, clicking Mail help opens a blank page (if gears is enabled), but clicking Account settings and privacy appear to work correctly.

I don't see this problem when accessing mail settings using Internet explorer or chrome.

This just seemed to start recently and possibly when I updated Firefox to the current version.

When gears is disabled then clicking on Mail settings takes me to the settings page, and clicking on Mail help takes me to the proper help page.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Darren

Alex S

Apr 2, 2011, 8:27:27 PM4/2/11
to Gears Users
I have the exact same problem under Win XP and Firefox. The workaround
I use is to click on the "Create a filter" link and then choose to
show existing filters, but this is too slow and takes too many clicks.
Can someone please submit a bug report with the GMail team?

Alex