openfile and reading blob can I do this

aviz...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2008, 4:58:17 PM10/4/08
to Gears Users
I want to be able to read a blob file in js code and insert the file
content to the local gears DB, can it be done?
I tested the desktop.openfile its returns a blob but I couldn't fined
a sample of how to read a blob file (type text)
can it be done in gears?
this is a major issue for me
please help

Avi Zloof

aviz...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2008, 4:58:17 PM10/4/08
to Gears Users

Chris Prince

Oct 5, 2008, 8:58:41 PM10/5/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
We have discussed allowing Blob objects to be INSERT'ed into the
Database. Would that solve your problem?

Douglas

Oct 28, 2008, 2:33:42 PM10/28/08
to Gears Users
Has there been any movement on this front? I've tried to insert
Blobs, and it fails...

On Oct 5, 8:58 pm, "Chris Prince" <cpri...@google.com> wrote:
> We have discussed allowingBlobobjects to be INSERT'ed into the
> Database.  Would that solve your problem?
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM, aviza...@gmail.com <aviza...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to read ablobfile in js code and insert the file
> > content to the local gears DB, can it be done?
> > I tested the desktop.openfile its returns ablobbut I couldn't fined
> > a sample of how to read ablobfile (type text)

Chris Prince

Oct 28, 2008, 2:56:43 PM10/28/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, nope, no movement on this front. Only the discussions
occurred. No concrete design came out of it.