Issue 1031 in gears: Gears not available for download

ge...@googlecode.com

Dec 29, 2010, 2:38:10 PM12/29/10
to gear...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 1031 by geo...@juneautrails.org: Gears not available for download
http://code.google.com/p/gears/issues/detail?id=1031

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Visit http://gears.google.com
2. Gears is not available for download here, or anywhere else.

I expect to be able to download Google Gears. However, the Gears homepage
does not offer the plugin for download.

Using Mac OSX 10.6.5 and Firefox 3.6.13 and Safari 5.0.3

ge...@googlecode.com

May 18, 2011, 9:02:10 AM5/18/11
to gear...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 1031 by kendmil...@gmail.com: Gears not available for
download
http://code.google.com/p/gears/issues/detail?id=1031

Why has the gears download been pulled with no explanation or documentation
of the fact that it's been removed????? This is very strange behavior on
google's part. A lot of us still rely on offline gmail, even though on a
mac it means we have to use firefox 3.X. But yesterday firefox went into
infinite loops when it tried to load gmail with offline enabled -- was this
also an unannounced change at google's end?? -- so I uninstalled gears and
went to reinstall it, but it's not there! Very very frustrating behavior
on your part, google!