Rustygear Growing TLS support!

Clint Byrum

May 19, 2024, 1:22:16 PMMay 19
to gea...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks! I've been monkeying around with rustygear my rust implementation of the Gearman protocol. I recently merged TLS support for the client and server. I'd love to get some more eyes on it and maybe see if folks are able to make it interoperate with their existing TLS setups (whether client or server).

There is a client example, and the server, rustygeard, can be told to use TLS by passing --tls and then the subsequent tls-prefixed options (see --help). I'll be writing up docs as well but it should be relatively clear from the CLI help strings.

One important thing is that it uses rustls, which only supports x509v3 and SNI subjects, so you'll need to make sure your certs have v3 extensions. All real PKI certs issued any time recently will have them, but if you're making them yourself you might need to add the v3 extensions explicitly.

cl...@fewbar.com

May 30, 2024, 6:20:15 PMMay 30
to Gearman
I went ahead and released TLS support, disabled by default, in Rustygear/Rustygeard 0.14.0 today. You can enable it by enabling the "tls" feature.

Edward J. Sabol

May 31, 2024, 2:37:46 AMMay 31
to gea...@googlegroups.com
On May 30, 2024, at 6:20 PM, Clint wrote:
> I went ahead and released TLS support, disabled by default, in Rustygear/Rustygeard 0.14.0 today.

Well done! Congratulations on the release!

Regards,
Ed