Gearman worker not ending after ending his job

Kamil K

Apr 11, 2019, 9:24:24 AM4/11/19
to Gearman
We have gearmand v.1.12. and it's UI https://github.com/gaspaio/gearmanui

For testing reasons I run 50 jobs simultaniosly.

Workers count 15.
I have one script file which in while loop starts workers based on config file (15 workers)

Workers starting as child processes with spawn function (nodejs)

UI shows 16 workers. I guess it's because of the main script file.

Problem is that, after I run 50 jobs (1 job takes approximately 1 min), in UI I see some of workers(1 or 2) continue to process infinitely, hovewer with ps or top I cannot find running processes.

And if I put in queue another 50 jobs simultaneous count will decrease to 14 or 15, based on previous worker hang count.

What could it be? Why from every 50 jobs I have 1 or 2 jobs freeze?

Kamil K

Apr 17, 2019, 4:45:24 AM4/17/19
to Gearman

Sorry guys for taking your time,
problem was in that, while running script I send data to ws (websocket server), and sometimes it returns garbage. So after checking that garbage problem has gone. Here is nothing to do with gearman workers.