Rustygear 0.15.0 released

Clint Byrum

Jul 3, 2024, 11:07:30 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to gea...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks. I still have yet to notice anyone actually using rustygear, but I have enjoyed using it as a vehicle for learning Rust. It's matured a bit in this release, with a more robust error system, and resilience to poorly constructed packets that may exceed libgearman/gearmand. This also led to some improved test coverage in rustygeard and bug fixes to it as well.

This release also breaks most client usage, but I think it should be for the better, as we've made more things error returns, instead of panics.

You can get it on https://crates.io/crates/rustygear, or check out the repo at https://github.com/SpamapS/rustygear.

If you're interested in using it in place of gearmand, I'd say still *caveat emptor*. But shoot me a line if you try it, I'd love to hear about it!