Gearman caching?

Christian

Jan 15, 2020, 7:24:21 AM1/15/20
to Gearman
Hi,

I have installed Gearman (1.1.18) und Debian 10 (with Perl 5.28) and wrote a small "worker.pl" and "client.pl". The Client defines two Tasksets, each having three tasks.
This morning I wanted to try the "send_work_exception($job, $message)" method and entered a stupid "jjjjjj" as message just to do a quick try. That worked, the "on_exception" handler in the "client.pl" wrote a "jjjjjj" to my terminal. Since then, I have change the "jjjjjj" to something more meaningful. Several times I altered client and worker, restarted gearmand serveral times and executed all.
Now I have executed client and worker one more time and my terminal show "jjjjjj" three times. I wonder how this can be? "jjjjjj" is nowhere to be found in my code and furthermore: I have defined six tasks, but obviously only three got executed. Does Gearman have some caching mechansism which survice stop/start/restart?

Thx,
Chris

Edward J. Sabol

Jan 15, 2020, 10:10:39 AM1/15/20
to gea...@googlegroups.com

Using the latest Gearman::Client and Gearman::Worker from https://metacpan.org/release/Gearman, I presume?

The Client defines two Tasksets, each having three tasks.
This morning I wanted to try the "send_work_exception($job, $message)" method and entered a stupid "jjjjjj" as message just to do a quick try. That worked, the "on_exception" handler in the "client.pl" wrote a "jjjjjj" to my terminal. Since then, I have change the "jjjjjj" to something more meaningful. Several times I altered client and worker, restarted gearmand serveral times and executed all.
Now I have executed client and worker one more time and my terminal show "jjjjjj" three times. I wonder how this can be? "jjjjjj" is nowhere to be found in my code and furthermore: I have defined six tasks, but obviously only three got executed. Does Gearman have some caching mechansism which survice stop/start/restart?

No. Make sure you restart your workers, too. Restarting gearmand does not restart the workers. The workers are independent processes.

Regards,
Ed