Re: [gdnsd] Please add autogen.sh file into source code gdnsd v2.1.0

Brandon Black

Nov 21, 2014, 9:02:24 AM11/21/14
to gdnsd on behalf of Tấn Vỹ Nguyễn
On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Tấn Vỹ Nguyễn via gdnsd <gdnsd+APn2wQfOZVnX9ml2PV75EcjYLf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am using CentOS 6.6. I use command "autoconf configure.ac > configure" for create configure file but not success. Please add autogen.sh file or configure file into source code gdnsd v2.1.0.

The distribution tarball already contains a configure script.  Perhaps you've downloaded using the wrong link on the (confusing) Github releases page?  Use the green link (the .tar.xz file) here: https://github.com/gdnsd/gdnsd/releases , and start with the existing configure script as shown in the INSTALL file.  The other links Github provides for zip and tar.gz in grey are just archives of the raw git repo and do not contain a configure script (I don't recommend using those at all, really).  If you're working from a git clone, you'll need to initialize the configure script with "autoreconf -vi" as documented in the INSTALL file, which may require newer versions of the autotools than some distributions ship with.

FMoreira

Nov 21, 2014, 9:24:04 AM11/21/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Tấn Vỹ Nguyễn via gdnsd <gdnsd+APn2wQfOZVnX9ml2PV75EcjYLf5isQi6B8p8RO3qjaBgYkegFUdf1Slqkd@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am using CentOS 6.6. I use command "autoconf configure.ac > configure" for create configure file but not success. Please add autogen.sh file or configure file into source code gdnsd v2.1.0.

I installed gdnsd in several servers without a glitch but just in one server autogen.sh was not generated and it was needed to install dh-autoreconf (besides libtool libcap-dev autoconf automake libev-libevent-dev ragel)