GDNSD geoip failover not working?

heaven.k3y

Jun 22, 2014, 11:17:31 PM6/22/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm using GDNSD (ver 1.10.1) with plugin geoip. I have two data centers in Northern and Southern. Sometime my data center in the Northern have a problem and go DOWN but GDNSD failover not working (it's not returning ip address of Southern data center). I checked with the dig commad in Linux: dig @<my dns ip> <my test domain> Could you help me for a second?

Thanks!

Jim Popovitch

Jun 23, 2014, 7:40:51 AM6/23/14
to gdnsd on behalf of heaven.k3y
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM, heaven.k3y via gdnsd
<gdnsd+noreply-APn2wQcqUHlFuCC0SE...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:
What's your TTL set to? Check for any syslog messages on the gdnsd
server(s), it should show failover occurring, yet clients will still
honor TTL.

-Jim P.

heaven.k3y

Jun 23, 2014, 8:13:03 AM6/23/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
My default TTL = 3600 and the testing domain using geopip have TTL = 1 (min value of gdnsd). I have just seen that failover still working if user using OpenDNS. Do you have any ideal for my problem? Thanks you!

Vào 18:40:51 UTC+7 Thứ hai, ngày 23 tháng sáu năm 2014, Jim Popovitch đã viết:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM, heaven.k3y via gdnsd

Jim Popovitch

Jun 23, 2014, 8:24:58 AM6/23/14
to gdnsd on behalf of heaven.k3y
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM, heaven.k3y via gdnsd
wrote:
> My default TTL = 3600 and the testing domain using geopip have TTL = 1 (min
> value of gdnsd). I have just seen that failover still working if user using
> OpenDNS. Do you have any ideal for my problem? Thanks you!

Hi, do you see any log entries in syslog that show failover occurring?

-Jim P.

heaven.k3y

Jun 23, 2014, 8:49:58 AM6/23/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm using Centos (Linux) and i don't see any log entries in /var/log/message that show failover occuring.

Vào 19:24:58 UTC+7 Thứ hai, ngày 23 tháng sáu năm 2014, Jim Popovitch đã viết:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM, heaven.k3y via gdnsd

Jim Popovitch

Jun 23, 2014, 8:59:06 AM6/23/14
to gdnsd on behalf of heaven.k3y
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM, heaven.k3y via gdnsd
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Centos (Linux) and i don't see any log entries in /var/log/message
> that show failover occuring.

Well, your config needs a few settings, here's what I use:

service_types => {
geoip-test => {
url_path => "/index.html",
down_thresh => 5,
interval => 21,
}
}

Under each resource dcmap section I have:
service_types => geoip-test,

It is also important to point out that each geoip map section needs
double entries like these:
AF => [JNB,EMEA],
OC => [SYD,SIN],

If you need more help please pastebin your config.

-Jim P.