httpstatus monitor: vhost parameter ...

Steve Hotz

Sep 18, 2015, 3:35:00 PM9/18/15
to gdnsd

Hi,

I think this might be a bug, but wanted to see if anyone is using the vhost option with httpstatus.

When a vhost is used with http status monitor, I am receiving a status 400 "Bad Request" error code.

Environment: I am running the latest gdnsd-2.2.1.  The monitored webserver is configured to answer with the same page, when either 1) request is made directly to IP address (with no Host: header), and 2) request is made with a Host: header.  I have seen this querying both nginx and IIS.

I have confirmed webserver is working properly for both queries by using curl --resolve.

When watching the HTTP request/response using 'tcpdump' the requests made coming from 'curl' vs from gdnsd-monitor are not the same. I still need to confirm the protocol spec, but it looks like a request generated when their is a vhost parameter is not terminated with the required blank line.

cheers,

sh