Editing the WebUI

Ashish Chalke

Aug 16, 2014, 4:24:12 AM8/16/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have been running gdnsd for a couple of months now and its awesome. One thing I have a problem with is that the Web UI on Port 3506 is displaying Time in UTC whereas the ubuntu server time is in IST. Can we change that? Or can we remove the CurrentTime display completely from the WebUI?

Thanks!

Regards
Ashish

Brandon Black

Aug 18, 2014, 9:01:33 AM8/18/14
to gdnsd on behalf of Ashish Chalke
On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM, Ashish Chalke via gdnsd <gdnsd+noreply-APn2wQe-9zar_ZlPXD...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Have been running gdnsd for a couple of months now and its awesome. One thing I have a problem with is that the Web UI on Port 3506 is displaying Time in UTC whereas the ubuntu server time is in IST. Can we change that? Or can we remove the CurrentTime display completely from the WebUI?

The UTC display (vs local server time) is intentional.  I guess you could argue it's a matter of opinion which is more appropriate on a server, but at the end of the day, it's just information that you're free to ignore.  The point isn't to use it as a clock, it's just to visually detect that perhaps the browser hasn't auto-refreshed the information in a long time.  The Web "UI" (if we can call it that) was never the best design idea for this in the first place, and is due to someday be replaced by a better mechanism (which could easily be fed to a better http display via a local 3rd-party http server).  If you want to do a pull req for a config option to alter the display, feel free.  Personally, I just don't see the utility in it.