Configuration issues.. cannot find plugin

Ashish Chalke

May 13, 2014, 8:23:21 AM5/13/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

New to gdnsd. I have the basic dns stuff working. I am facing a problem trying to use plugins such as weighted or Simplefo. I keep getting the following message:

  • Failed to locate plugin 'weighted' in the plugin search path
I can see that the plugins are located in the "plugins" folder in the install directory. Tried modifying the plugin_search_path to reflect this path but still the same. I have tried re-installing on a fresh os install  - via git  and source tar but still the same.

My environment is an Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS  and also Ubuntu Server 13.10

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

blblack

May 13, 2014, 9:59:41 AM5/13/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
In order to debug this, I'd need to know the arguments you used during the build process (./configure -> make -> make install) and the actual path names where you see the plugins directory as well, plus any other relevant details?  But really, on Ubuntu you should probably just use the official packages: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=gdnsd

-- Brandon

Ashish Chalke

May 27, 2014, 1:40:40 AM5/27/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply, was outstation on a project. I have got it working now with the official ubuntu package for 14.04. Have the failover loadbalancing working fine! :) Thanks for creating this simple yet powerful piece of software!

Regards
Ashish