incorporating improved ipgeo data ?

Steve Hotz

Oct 9, 2015, 3:42:16 PM10/9/15
to gdnsd
Hi,

Ok, so we start out with MaxMinds which offers a reasonable product.

But how can we add additional ip->geo mapping data?  For example, one could have static ipgeo info for a large world-wide corporate 10.0.0.0/8 network.

Yes -- I realize this information can be put into the nets => {} stanza ... but then for each entry one adds, you have to configure the complete fall over list.

What would be better is to simply incorporate the ip->geo data along side the MaxMinds data, and then have the "auto mapping" create the 2-, 3- or whatever-deep datacenter fallover list.

Is anyone doing this (or have an approach)?

I'd swear that for the older MaxMinds data, there was a tool that would translate between CSV <-> binary format ... but when I asked MaxMinds about a similar tool for GeoIP2 database, they said it wasn't available ...

Any thoughts/leads ?

cheers,
hotz