2.1.0 Released

blblack

Oct 14, 2014, 10:11:25 PM10/14/14
to gd...@googlegroups.com

Version 2.1.0 is released!  See the full details at:

The tarball links are at:

This release includes a few bugfixes for 2.0.0 (probably the most annoying being the one about malformed JSON output for stats).  I went ahead and jumped to 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.1 because the systemd support in 2.0.0 via "--with-systemd" was kinda broken, and once I started making the changes to fix it right they ended up being too invasive for a minor point release.

As things stand now, 2.0.0's "--with-systemd" configure flag doesn't exist anymore.  The new systemd support is fairly automagical, I hope (although of course it still doesn't support the fast overlapped restart behavior).  The new version also ships a systemd unit file and installs it on applicable systems.

Also, note that all gdnsd-related URLs at github.com have changed from "blblack/gdnsd" to "gdnsd/gdnsd" recently.  Github is redirecting HTTP and git traffic to ease the transition, but eventually that won't be the case anymore and then your links and fetches will start failing.

Thanks for listening,
-- Brandon

Jim Popovitch

Dec 21, 2014, 4:20:38 PM12/21/14
to gdnsd on behalf of blblack
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM, blblack wrote:

> Version 2.1.0 is released! See the full details at:
> http://gdnsd.org/2014/10/14/version-2.1.0-released.html

Hi Brandon,

I finally got around to testing this release out. One thing that I've
noticed is that transition events UP/DANGER/DOWN no longer are logged
in syslog. I checked the release notes and didn't see any mention of
that changing. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

-Jim P.

Brandon Black

Dec 21, 2014, 4:48:22 PM12/21/14
to gdnsd on behalf of Jim Popovitch
On Sun Dec 21 2014 at 3:20:37 PM gdnsd on behalf of Jim Popovitch <gd...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM, blblack wrote:
> Version 2.1.0 is released!
I finally got around to testing this release out.  One thing that I've
noticed is that transition events UP/DANGER/DOWN no longer are logged
in syslog.  I checked the release notes and didn't see any mention of
that changing.   Any idea what could be wrong?

It was an oversight when all of that code was refactored and rewritten, which I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.  It should be pretty easy to fix, so I'll get it done before 2.2.0 release for sure.

Thanks!
-- Brandon

Jim Popovitch

Dec 21, 2014, 4:52:19 PM12/21/14
to gdnsd on behalf of blblack
Awesome! Just to be clear, transitions work fine (everything in
2.1.0 works very well) they just aren't logged.

Thanks!

-Jim P.