Robot challenge

Alberto Pierini

Jan 25, 2014, 9:57:45 AM1/25/14
to gdg-v...@googlegroups.com
Hello GDG,

There's a cool event coming to Wien soon: http://www.robotchallenge.org/
Maybe some of you would be interested to participate or team up, or would have just brilliant ideas to suggest.

I'll participate in "Hack the Arduino Robot!" category (http://www.robotchallenge.org/competition/)
All is requested is to come up with an idea.. but the deadline is tomorrow!

I was thinking to try to build a "framework" to allow the build of location awareness applications. The software will be built half in arduino, half in android (used as an additional brain of the robot) and the location awareness would be implemented through Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons.

The robot could then be programmed to do stuff like:

- go in every room and collect sensors data (temperature, humidity, light, Carbon monoxide, gas..)
- tell the locations of some particular objects (tagged with rfid..)
- schedule to bring particular objects at particular time in particular rooms

It's kind of huge project, and maybe unfeasible, but the idea is cool :)

Cheers

Dick.K

Jan 25, 2014, 4:47:54 PM1/25/14
to gdg-v...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alberto,
I'm available to do something to assist you in your project.You can contact me here on gmail.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Dick.K
Tel        ++43 (0) 22 3375 36

Thomas Taschauer

Jan 26, 2014, 3:51:07 AM1/26/14
to gdg-v...@googlegroups.com

Hey Alberto,

Sorry for the shameless plug, but it seems appropriate in this case: check out http://indoo.rs/ if you don't want to calculate the position on your own... We provide an SDK that does that for you.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions. I'm sure we can work out a deal if you need beacons for testing :)

Good luck
Tom

Alberto Pierini

Jan 26, 2014, 11:38:36 AM1/26/14
to gdg-v...@googlegroups.com
Very cool guys.
Yeah, in the remote case my project submission will be picked up, we'll rock and roll the robot world. ;)

Alberto Pierini

Jan 31, 2014, 5:29:42 AM1/31/14
to gdg-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dick,

In max a couple of days we should know if my idea has been picked up by the jury.. Finger crossed!
In case, how would you like to join/help?

Skills needed will included:
- Arduino programming (C/C++)
- Android programming
- Documenting the experience through pics/videos/blog posts/tutorial
- Or however you would like to

also, indorrs will sponsor the project giving some hardware! :)

cheers