GW micro.

1 view

Penny Lewis

Oct 26, 2010, 12:10:27 AM10/26/10
to Guide Dog's
May be a very good reason not to buy the book sence by GW micro.

This doesn't sound like very good news at all.

After nearly 6 years of working with GW Micro, HIMS Co, Ltd., the
Korean based manufacturer of the Braille Sense, Voice Sense,
BookSense
and SenseView products made the decision to restructure their
sales
strategy and open their own US office. As a result, GW Micro will
no
longer be national distributors for these products and within a
few
weeks will end our nationwide technical support, related email
lists
and repair service operations.

GW Micro worked very hard to improve these products during these
past
several years and we greatly appreciate the support of our
customers.
Your feedback helped make these products what they are today. In
the
same way we continue to devote our time and efforts to the
development
and support of our flagship product, Window-Eyes, with the
primary goal
of it being the most powerful, secure, stable and affordable
screen
reader in the world!

If you have specific questions about this announcement please
email
sa...@gwmicro.com.

Jenny Wood

Oct 25, 2010, 10:29:30 PM10/25/10
to gdbtex...@googlegroups.com
Wow, definitely s shame. I have a feeling both companies will suffer as a result.

Jenny