Issue 718 in gdata-python-client: GetYouTubeVideoEntry gives data for video_id UKY3scPIMd8 regardless of the video_id in request

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

May 12, 2015, 10:33:35 AM5/12/15
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 718 by cjfsyntr...@gmail.com: GetYouTubeVideoEntry gives data for
video_id UKY3scPIMd8 regardless of the video_id in request
https://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/issues/detail?id=718

What steps will reproduce the problem?

This script gives unexpected results, namely, it gives the same result
regardless of the video_id parameter in the GetYouTubeVideoEntry call:

#!/usr/bin/python

def PrintEntryDetails(entry):
print entry.media.title.text
end = entry.author[0].uri.text.rindex("/") + 1
print 'YouTube Home: http://YouTube.com/%s ' %
entry.author[0].uri.text[end:]
print entry.media.player.url

import gdata.youtube
import gdata.youtube.service

yt_service = gdata.youtube.service.YouTubeService()

Vid_ID_list = ['opM3T2__lZA', 'tSCMO0MZWNQ']
for YouTubeVid in Vid_ID_list:
print 'Results for YouTubeVid: %s' % YouTubeVid
entry = yt_service.GetYouTubeVideoEntry(video_id=YouTubeVid)
PrintEntryDetails(entry)
print

Output:
Results for YouTubeVid: opM3T2__lZA
https://youtube.com/devicesupport
YouTube Home: http://YouTube.com/YouTubeHelp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3scPIMd8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Results for YouTubeVid: tSCMO0MZWNQ
https://youtube.com/devicesupport
YouTube Home: http://YouTube.com/YouTubeHelp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3scPIMd8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Expected Output:
Results for YouTubeVid: opM3T2__lZA
#3 The Smurfette Principle (Tropes vs. Women)
YouTube Home: http://YouTube.com/feministfrequency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM3T2__lZA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Results for YouTubeVid: tSCMO0MZWNQ
GDC 2014: Google Developer Day Kick-off!
YouTube Home: http://YouTube.com/Google Developers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSCMO0MZWNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What version of the product are you using?

I tested on the python-gdata package in Debian Squeeze (2.0.8-1.1), Wheezy
(2.0.17+dfsg-1), and Jessie (2.0.18+dfsg1-2). They all behave similarly.

I suspect something changed with the google API. The breakage is recent
(less than a few weeks) as I use the script which this debug snippet comes
from regularly. Although my wheezy systems had a recent python update, the
squeeze system has not.

issue notifications to this address.