Issue 657 in gdata-python-client: There are no python examples in the Spreadsheet API

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

Dec 19, 2012, 10:45:53 AM12/19/12
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 657 by eduardos...@gmail.com: There are no python examples in the
Spreadsheet API
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/issues/detail?id=657

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Visit https://developers.google.com/google-apps/spreadsheets/
2. Look for python samples
3. Realize there are none.

.NET and Java samples

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.
I remember I somehow reached version 2 and 1 of that same page, which
contained python samples. But on the current version 3 there are none.
Everything is extremely confusing, specially if there are both a new and
old framework in the API where each must use a different ways to
authenticate from 3 different possibilities.

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

Jan 25, 2013, 7:07:52 AM1/25/13
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 657 by Egor.Rya...@gmail.com: There are no python
Yes, that's very frustrating.

As a workaround, could you please leave the old version of the docs and
code samples available until you put up an updated one?

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

Jan 25, 2013, 8:47:50 AM1/25/13
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 657 by Egor.Rya...@gmail.com: There are no python
Here's a workaround I ended up with, with a small code sample:
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=topic%2Fgoogle-spreadsheets-api%2FzQb-NoDnyq0%2Fdiscussion

And a call to Google Spreadsheets team to put the old docs back online:
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=topic%2Fgoogle-spreadsheets-api%2F4Fbf59zU3K0%2Fdiscussion

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

Apr 4, 2013, 11:54:12 AM4/4/13
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 657 by tony.ho....@gmail.com: There are no python
Since there are no sample code... I wasn't quite know the different between
SpreadSheet and SpreadSheets inside the gdata lib.

Please do some documentation on those, thanks.

issue notifications to this address.

gdata-pyt...@googlecode.com

Jan 7, 2015, 8:39:56 PM1/7/15
to gdata-python-client-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 657 by mkhan1...@gmail.com: There are no python
examples in the Spreadsheet API
https://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/issues/detail?id=657

Please update the Python documentation and post the samples.