Help with Youtube OAuth 2.0

Yuchao Zhou

Sep 25, 2015, 7:16:26 PM9/25/15
to Google Data APIs Objective-C Client Library Discussion
Hi all,

I am new to IOS development. Currently, I am working on upload video to Youtube. I stuck at how to make OAuth. I have found some tutorials or libraries, however, all of them are using client id and client secret. But google did not provide client secret anymore. Anybody can teach me how to call OAuth for youtube?

Thanks in advance.

Greg Robbins

Sep 28, 2015, 7:57:06 PM9/28/15
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
The client secret can now be nil for iOS clients of Google services.

Burhan Khawaja

Jan 5, 2016, 8:30:58 AM1/5/16
to Google Data APIs Objective-C Client Library Discussion
Hi Yuchao Zhou,

First go to console.developers.google.com and sign up as a google developer (its free). Use the manager to create a project within that site and in that project enable apis that you want to use (i.e. Youtube Api). After enabling, then you have to register your application by generating client id and secret key. Once you get that you can save that information in a text file.

Now use the GTMoAuth2 library its available on Github, download the library and then run the project. You should also take a look on their wiki page GTMoAuth2 Wiki. Hope this information will help you.

Burhan Khawaja

Jan 5, 2016, 8:30:58 AM1/5/16
to Google Data APIs Objective-C Client Library Discussion
Client secret can be nil in iOS, but if you want to get secret from google, then you should select other or web from the category , not iOS. This way google will provide client secret as well.