GData Contacts API Error: HTTP Status 400 (Entry does not have any fields set)

Donald

Apr 15, 2014, 3:37:56 PM4/15/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
I have an iOS contact syncing app that uses the GData Contacts API, and recently, my app has been frequently reporting HTTP status 400 errors when submitting changes to Google contacts.  Roughly 30% of the batch operations fail with this error including operations to insert/update/delete.  The error message reads "Entry does not have any fields set" even though the XML for the requests are normal.  The last time this was happening on a regular basis was 2 weeks ago, and thankfully it stopped after a couple of days.  But now it's happening again.  Any idea what is going on?  Is there anything we can do from the client side to prevent this problem?

Attached is a log showing the response from the server.

fetch_56_response.xml

Greg Robbins

Apr 16, 2014, 5:33:51 PM4/16/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com

Donald Lawton

Apr 25, 2014, 2:31:25 AM4/25/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

How are you?

I submitted another issue 2 days ago, but haven't received a reply from anyone.  This week, my app is commonly receiving 500 errors when submitting contact creations/updates/deletions.  Here is the link to the issue I created:
https://code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=3569

Thanks for having a look.

Best,
Donald Lawton