Authentication problem in CalendarSample

Thomas Meigen

Sep 15, 2014, 5:33:09 AM9/15/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am just starting to test the Google Data API for Objective C. I downloaded the source code and tried to run the CalendarSample code… compiles fine… and runs.

In the developer portal I have created a new project and I got my "clientID" and "client secret" data for this project, the calendarAPI is active for this project. I put these values in the form after choosing the "Client ID…"  Fine.

When I try to "Sign In" I am presented with the standard Web login for my Google account.

However, when I type my Email and password (that work perfectly fine in a standard browser window), I get the following error

**************************
401. That's an error

Error: invalid_client

no application name

Request Details…
**************************

Do I have to provide some application name in my source code? From the error message it seems that my login information is ok, but the client information is wrong…?

Thanks in advance for any help
Thomas

Thomas Van Lenten

Sep 15, 2014, 12:51:46 PM9/15/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
When you created the entry, what type did you use?  As I recall there is an entry that looks like it applies (label for iOS or something like that), but that only works with the Google+ Signin SDK.  Make sure it was a generic client id.  The actives on groups.google.com should have some other posts for this.

You probably also want to use the more modern https://code.google.com/p/google-api-objectivec-client/, rather then the older gdata apis.

TVL

Thomas Meigen

Sep 16, 2014, 1:49:13 AM9/16/14
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
I just used the UI of the sample code (see attached image) to copy my client ID & client secret into the form fields. I would have expected that they used the correct types in the background.

In fact, I had used the sample code provided with the "google-api-objectivec-client", I seem to have posted my question to the wrong group.

Thanks!
Thomas
Bildschirmfoto 2014-09-16 um 07.45.24.png

Thomas Van Lenten

Sep 17, 2014, 5:27:30 PM9/17/14

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:49:13 AM UTC-4, Thomas Meigen wrote:
I just used the UI of the sample code (see attached image) to copy my client ID & client secret into the form fields. I would have expected that they used the correct types in the background.

In fact, I had used the sample code provided with the "google-api-objectivec-client", I seem to have posted my question to the wrong group.

The issue would be how you created the client id on the API console, not the sample app ui.

"""
 Create a new Client ID for an Installed Application (not a web application) type other (not iOS). This will provide Client ID and Secret strings to be used with the controller.
"""

(you'd also need to enable the calendar api for your id)

TVL