Missing phone rel "main"

Jeff Nichols

Nov 11, 2013, 9:19:08 AM11/11/13
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg (and others),

I just noticed that there's no constant defined for the "main" phone rel...

  http://schemas.google.com/g/2005#main

...which is definitely used by Google Mail and is documented here:

Is there a reason for this or is it just an oversight? Using a raw NSString seems to work fine, but I just wanted to check that there wasn't any particular issue with doing that.

Cheers,
Jeff

Greg Robbins

Nov 11, 2013, 4:04:35 PM11/11/13
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Some rel values were added to the API after the Objective-C interfaces were written.

We're not attempting to keep the XML API interfaces updated, as most of Google's XML APIs have been deprecated or replaced.

Jeff Nichols

Nov 11, 2013, 5:41:16 PM11/11/13
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Some rel values were added to the API after the Objective-C interfaces were written.

Thanks Greg.

We're not attempting to keep the XML API interfaces updated, as most of Google's XML APIs have been deprecated or replaced.

I realize I may be reaching here, but then is there a concrete plan to add the Contacts service to the new JSON API client library, or should we consider that the contacts interface might soon be fully deprecated/unsupported?

Thanks,
Jeff

Greg Robbins

Nov 11, 2013, 7:34:33 PM11/11/13
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of any plan for the current Contacts API to be further developed, unfortunately.