How to resolve compile error CS0234 from Google Calendar API?

doug axtell

Oct 22, 2014, 6:53:24 PM10/22/14
to gdata-dotnet-...@googlegroups.com

I'm creating a console app in C# using VS2012 that should interact with Google's Calendar API. Following the online instructions, I've attempted to retrieve the .NET version of this API through NuGet with this command:

Install-Package Google.Apis.Calendar.v3

After having successfully installed this package, and adding some code copied from the .NET portion of this page

https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/instantiate

I attempted to compile. But, the compile attempt failed with these errors:

1>E:\tools\daxtell\PunchCardOps\GoogleCalendarApiOps\GoogleCalendarSvc.cs(1,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Auth' does not exist in the namespace 'Google.Apis' (are you missing an assembly reference?) 1>E:\tools\daxtell\PunchCardOps\GoogleCalendarApiOps\GoogleCalendarSvc.cs(3,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Services' does not exist in the namespace 'Google.Apis' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

What can I do to resolve these errors?

Please note that I've seen a handful of similar questions on StackOverflow.com, but only one of them had an answer. Sadly, that answer - get a newer version of the Calendar API - wasn't useful to me because I've compile error trouble with the Calendar API for .NET in both 1.8.* and 1.9.*. I'm desperate to communicate with someone who can help me resolve this problem quickly.

Thanks in advance,

DanJosef

Dec 31, 2014, 12:28:28 AM12/31/14
to gdata-dotnet-...@googlegroups.com
I am hitting the same error:

"The type or namespace name 'Services' does not exist in the namespace 'Google.Apis'". I have installed the nuget package for the drive API so im not sure what's missing here.