Issue 712 in google-gdata: Visual Basic

google...@googlecode.com

Mar 10, 2015, 8:42:07 PM3/10/15
to gdata-dotnet-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 712 by rjs5...@gmail.com: Visual Basic
https://code.google.com/p/google-gdata/issues/detail?id=712

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Insert Code

Dim conserv As New ContactsService("MyCompany-MyApp-v1.0")
Dim authFactory As New
GDataGAuthRequestFactory("cp","MyCompany-MyApp-v1.0")
authFactory.AccountType = "GOOGLE"

conserv.RequestFactory = authFactory
conserv.setUserCredentials("username", "password")
conserv.QueryClientLoginToken()

Dim nc As New ContactEntry

With nc
.Name = New Google.GData.Extensions.Name()
.Name.FullName = "John Davis"
.Name.GivenName = "John"
.Name.FamilyName = "Davis"
End With

Dim urifeed As New Uri(ContactsQuery.CreateContactsUri("default"))
conserv.Insert(urifeed, nc)

2.Run Code
3.Get error of invalid credentials, I tried 3 different ways from searching
on the internet and all fail. I dont understand. are these dlls not
compatable for vb 2010 Express? I downloaded the featured dll for .net
apps. I didnt know where else to post this so i posted here. Thanks, RJ

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.

issue notifications to this address.

google...@googlecode.com

Jun 21, 2015, 6:10:42 PM6/21/15
to gdata-dotnet-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 712 by stepehen...@gmail.com: Visual Basic
https://code.google.com/p/google-gdata/issues/detail?id=712

Can I please take your time to ask if you have a solution to your problem.
I understand why you have this problem because Google has shut down the api
for the contactsservice and you have to use OAuth now. My problem is I cant
find sample VB code to do exactly what you do above in VB.net, do you have
any that you have found? Thanks so much for taking the time. Stephen

google...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2015, 6:45:42 PM6/23/15
to gdata-dotnet-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 712 by rjs5...@gmail.com: Visual Basic
https://code.google.com/p/google-gdata/issues/detail?id=712

Hey Stephen

I have not figured out the contact service yet. To be honest I put that
part on hold on my project. I had tried going about it from the gmail side
with no luck. I also have successful google calendar access but when I
tried interlacing the code I couldn't get the contact access. There is java
code on googles site but I am not versed in that language since I am a self
taught vb guy with a degree in mech engineering. I have been thinking of
going to c# since there is a lot more source code for it. Also for my app I
am thinking of going web based.
Good luck if you make any progress let me know and if you have any further
questions feel free to ask. I'd give my email but this is a public post