linking entries/ part IDs

Michal Galdzicki

May 28, 2014, 2:28:24 PM5/28/14
to gd-ice

Hector,

In v3.7.6 which "links" among entries work? Are Plasmid-Strain links working when both entries are created independently? Can a plasmid link to a backbone plasmid?

Is increasing this functionality on the roadmap going forward?

thanks,

-- Michal Galdzicki

Hector Plahar

May 28, 2014, 2:43:19 PM5/28/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
> Are Plasmid-Strain links working when both entries are created independently?
Yes. This must be done from the strain side of things. Click "Edit" for the strain and you will see a plasmids field. Enter the part number for the plasmid and it will create the link.

Can a plasmid link to a backbone plasmid?
Not currently. But this will be possible in v4.0

>Is increasing this functionality on the roadmap going forward?
Yes. v4.0 is getting closer to release (ETA: 1 month; fingers crossed) and it will have significant improvements in that area. It will be more hierarchical rather than simple links.

Thanks,
Hector.

Michal Galdzicki

May 28, 2014, 2:49:52 PM5/28/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
That is great to hear.

While I’m creating new data for an ICE instance is there something I can do now to prepare for these new connections? For example, if something from this functionality is already in a development branch I would be happy to spin up a test instance to play with.

Will you have an upgrade strategy from 3.7.6 to 4.0?

-- Michal Galdzicki
--

---

Hector Plahar

May 28, 2014, 2:57:26 PM5/28/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
I am hoping to have a seamless upgrade from 3.7 to 4.0. We will have to upgrade our own instances so there will definitely be some sort of upgrade strategy.
The underlying data model for the connections will be similar so you do not have to do anything special with the current version.

The dev branch is local for now. I should be able to push it to github by early next week. I will send you a note when it is ready

Michal Galdzicki

May 28, 2014, 3:01:52 PM5/28/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
looking forward to all these things ;)

thanks

-- Michal Galdzicki

Hector Plahar

Jun 4, 2014, 1:29:01 PM6/4/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com, michal.g...@arzeda.com
Created a dev branch on github for 4.0. https://github.com/JBEI/ice/tree/4.0-dev. It is still very much a work in progress. Let me know (or file issues on github) if you have any suggestions for improvements. I am especially interested in the linking/part hierarchy.

Thanks,
Hector.