VectorEditor Standalone now available

Timothy Ham

Dec 20, 2011, 8:33:48 PM12/20/11
to gd-ice
Do you like using VectorEditor on gd-ice, but hate logging onto the
site?

Do you or your friend need a free plasmid editor?

Well, now you can use the latest version of VectorEditor, as a
standalone app!

No need to sign up, no need to log in, just click and use. It will
import/export standard-compliant genbank files.

It even calculates primer annealing temperature simply by selecting
the sequence. Temp appears on the bottom right area.

Pass it along!

https://public-registry.jbei.org/static/vesa/VectorEditor.html

Margaret Huang

Aug 28, 2013, 12:42:34 PM8/28/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering how gd-ice hooks up so that the genbank information can be opened in VectorEditor.
Thanks in advance.

Hector Plahar

Aug 28, 2013, 12:45:44 PM8/28/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Communication between VectorEditor and the ICE server is facilitated by BlazeDS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazeDS)

--

---

Message has been deleted

Margaret Huang

Aug 29, 2013, 11:21:25 AM8/29/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hector,
Thanks for the response. What kind of messages and data structures are being sent from ICE to VectorEditor?

Hector Plahar

Aug 29, 2013, 12:36:03 PM8/29/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
A good place to start is the RegistryAMFAPI.java class. That is the entry point for all calls from the flex applications (including vectoreditor). In particular look at the getSequence() method. That retrieves a specified sequence and is used by vectoreditor to retrieve sequence information associated with a specific part.

Margaret Huang

Aug 29, 2013, 3:39:24 PM8/29/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Does vectoreditor retrieve the full genbank file? Where does vectoreditor retrieve the information?

Hector Plahar

Aug 29, 2013, 4:13:57 PM8/29/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
The information needed to generate the full genbank file is contained in the FeaturedDNASequence data structure returned by the getSequence() method I mentioned earlier.