3.3.4 install

Michal Galdzicki

May 22, 2013, 1:52:52 PM5/22/13
to gd-ice
I'm trying to figure out why an new install of GD-ICE isnt working for me. Error below [1].
For the local tomcat config, I'm following instructions from a previously successful install. I've also checked that I can deploy a hello world application from tomcat. But now I'm stuck.
I tried to find the differences between the older 3.1 install and the new one.

So far the only installation difference seems to be the DB.
In the installation instructions it says "JBEI-ICE is configured by default to use HSQLDB for data storage". The hibernate.cfg.xml points to jdbc:hsqldb:file:ice_db.
Nothing else is required to make this work, HSQLDB is part of the gd-ice download?

Is there anything else I'm missing? For example, are there any changes to the SSL cert requirements?

thanks for any help,
mike

[1]
HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
type Status report
message This application is not currently available
description The requested service (This application is not currently available) is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.35

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Michal Galdzicki <mgal...@uw.edu> wrote:
I'm trying to figure out why an new install of GD-ICE isnt working for me. Error below [1].
For the local stuff, I'm following instructions as from a previously successful install. I've checked that I can deploy a test application in this configuration of tomcat6. But now I'm stuck.
I tried to find the differences between the older 3.1 install and the new one.

So far the only installation difference seems to be the DB.
In the installation instructions it says "JBEI-ICE is configured by default to use HSQLDB for data storage". The hibernate.cfg.xml points to jdbc:hsqldb:file:ice_db.
Nothing else is required to make this work, HSQLDB is part of the gd-ice download?

Is there anything else I'm missing? For example, are there any SSL cert requirements?

thanks for any help,
mike

[1]
HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
type Status report
message This application is not currently available
description The requested service (This application is not currently available) is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.35

Hector Plahar

May 22, 2013, 1:59:21 PM5/22/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Version 3.3.4 depends on Java 1.7 instead of Java 1.6. That might be the culprit. Make sure you have JDK 1.7 installed and JAVA_HOME points to it. I have some instructions here (http://public-registry.jbei.org/site/packages/) for the pre-packaged version that might be relevant