Communication framework to ICE repositories

Madragh Rua

Oct 4, 2013, 6:35:42 PM10/4/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks
Can you please guide me as to what the communication protocols or tools exist for programmatically query, get data from and post data to an ICE repository? As you may know we released Vector NTI Express Designer in March.

We recently had an update where we included the ability to import and export the two ICE XML files we could find in the repository. So the next step would be to hook the software up so you can access data in an ICE repository. It would also be nice if we could confirm that the data we are importing and exporting are consistent with the iCE data format. Could someone please help me with this or advise me on how best to go about it?

Thank you for your time and reply.
Kevin

Hector Plahar

Oct 16, 2013, 1:43:22 PM10/16/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kevin,

ICE can be accessed via web services with SOAP as the protocol. An example API can be found on the ICE public registry instance with the associated link to the WSDL. I have had requests for a REST style interface so I hope to incorporate that soon.

In terms of the ICE xml data format, the schema definitions can be found in the docs folder of the source tree. For the SBOL format, ICE uses the libSBOLj library

Thanks,
Hector.

Madragh Rua

Oct 21, 2013, 12:54:17 PM10/21/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hector
Do you have any examples of how to use the API? Or what the arguments to and results from the various SOAP services should be? I had a look at the API page a while back but could not find any lower level documentation for the services. Any samples scripts you can provide that would get me started would be wonderful.
Thanks
kevin