Part ID prefixes

Chris Gowen

Jun 3, 2013, 12:37:16 PM6/3/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Apologies if this is a simple question. On a local registry, how can we customize the prefix of the assigned Part IDs (i.e. like JPUB_###### on the public registry)? Is this on the database side? Ours currently names new entries as TEST_000001, etc.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Hector Plahar

Jun 3, 2013, 12:44:52 PM6/3/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
This is in the admin settings. Log in as an administrator and click on the "Admin" link. Edit "PART_NUMBER_PREFIX" under General Settings.

Christopher Gowen

Jun 3, 2013, 12:50:25 PM6/3/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response, Hector. I'll pass it on to our admin.

Cheers,
Chris

--

---