Porting over the MIT Registry / Response Time

nikos.ign...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2013, 10:24:59 PM2/24/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I have some questions regarding the official registry: Is it supposed to just be a testing platform (e.g. for new users) or will it eventually become a comprehensive registry of most parts available publicly? If it is the latter, are there any plans to incorporate all the "MIT registry" parts into this database? I suppose it could be an interesting side project to add all the parts either to the JBEI registry or to a new ICE registry. Access to the "MIT" parts via the APIs could "spawn" some interesting iGEM software projects.

I also have a question regarding the response times: Using the official registry, I occasionally have to wait a bit longer until the results are shown. Is this a server issue?

Best regards,
Nikos

Hector Plahar

Feb 25, 2013, 12:48:46 PM2/25/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Currently, it is the latter. We will look into incorporating the MIT registry parts soon.

In terms of the search response time, this is a server issue that has been resolved in the new version. I will be rolling that out at the end of this week. If you encounter any issues please don't hesitate to file a bug report or let me know

Thanks.

Nikos Ignatiadis

Feb 25, 2013, 1:56:44 PM2/25/13
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you a lot for the quick reply. This sounds perfect!

Best regards,
Nikos