Build Errors when using Maven to build gd-ice.

Richard Fieldsend

Apr 3, 2014, 11:50:36 AM4/3/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
I am following the instructions here:

specifically the section on installing source code.

I have used GitHub to download a fresh source tree, then added the Maven cache entries. These have all been successful.

I then ran the Maven command to build to project:

mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true

The output reads:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building gd-ice
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, package]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Deleting file set: /data0/home/rf343/gd-ice/target (included: [**], excluded: [])
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 1 resource
[INFO] Copying 37 resources
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: null:jetty-project:pom:7.5.4.v20111024

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-parent for project: null:jetty-project:pom:7.5.4.v20111024 for project null:jetty-project:pom:7.5.4.v20111024

[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 03 16:05:58 BST 2014
[INFO] Final Memory: 33M/213M

I've been asked to update the version of ice. The original installation was carried out by a predecessor who hasn't left any notes on what was done, so I'm working a little in the dark.

Also, is there any more detailed 'upgrade' guide than:

that someone can point me to.

Thanks

Richard

Hector Plahar

Apr 3, 2014, 4:11:27 PM4/3/14
to gd-...@googlegroups.com
Try comparing your pom.xml to see if any changes have been made to it from the default (https://github.com/JBEI/ice/blob/master/pom.xml). You can also try deleting your .m2/repository folder and starting the build process again.

In terms of upgrading, the system handles it on first startup so in the typical case there is not much to be done other than having a backup ready. Was there any specific information you were looking for?

Thanks,
Hector.

--

---