Adding Samples in Bulk

Marilene Pavan

May 31, 2017, 1:46:58 PM5/31/17
to gd-ice
Hi!
I've added 96 construct, in bulk, with no problem, using the csv file.
How do I add samples to my construction in bulk now?

I mean, I have 96 combinations, transformed in E.coli, and stored in a plate on -80oC.

Do I have to populate the position of each construction one by one?

Thanks,

Mary

Aitor Bleda

Jun 7, 2017, 10:47:29 AM6/7/17
to gd-ice
I have them on excel and use a script to make API calls to load them.
If you use python, I can give you an example.

Jason Lu

Aug 7, 2017, 4:15:33 PM8/7/17
to gd-ice
Hi Aitor,

My name is Jason Lu, and I am the undergrad researcher/programmer for Professor Douglas Densmore's CIDARLAB, under Boston University's UROP research program and STEM Pathways.

Mary is my PI / Supervisor for the summer, and she assigned me this task to import the ICE samples in bulk a couple of weeks ago. So far, I am using the Postman Application to try and connect to the API calls to load the samples, but I was not able to get the result I wanted.

I do know Python proficiently and would be more than willing to take a look at the Python script for the API calls to load the samples.

Sorry for not communicating earlier, been busy doing my other UROP stuff (abstract, conversion script, HTML website for CIDAR)

- Jason

Boston University B.A. / B.S. Candidate, Computer Science

Undergraduate Researcher at CIDARLAB

Valentin Z

Oct 19, 2018, 1:55:15 PM10/19/18
to gd-ice
Hi Jason,

I am late to the party, but I wanted to point at this library which provides an ICE API client for the Python language:

It is not complete (we only add features as we need them) but it is already useful enough and we are open to contributions :)

Hopefully it will simplify the task of anyone needing to interact with ICE via a Python script or from a Python webapp.

I have the same in Javascript but it is not public yet.

Cheers,

Valentin Zulkower
Software Manager,
Edinburgh Genome Foundry