Error message when choosing option 8

ab698

Mar 3, 2009, 4:02:01 AM3/3/09
to GCVA
Hi Chris and the team,
I'm getting the following error when running option 8. I've just
downloaded the latest version of the code onto one of our other
servers with a bit more resources but now I'm getting the following
message running matlab 7.0.4.352 (R14) Service Pack 2

Please provide filename prefix for the ICV (inverse coefficient of
variation) voxel map:
COMT-N81
Where would you like to place the file? Please input target path
(ending WITHOUT "/"):
.

Beginning behavioral-fit bootstrap resampling...

Bootstrap Sample #1 out of 1000.
??? Error using ==> unique
Unknown flag.

Error in ==> bootstrap_resample_f at 35
[class first_instances standardized_label] = unique(label,
'first');

Error in ==> behav_fit_bootstrap_module_f at 142
subj_sample = bootstrap_resample_f(nOfSubj, behav);

Error in ==> PCA_suite_f at 367
vars.behav_fit_icv_map_noZeroes ...

Christian Habeck

Mar 3, 2009, 7:15:04 AM3/3/09
to gc...@googlegroups.com
Oops. You ran this option with exactly these settings before? - I am a
little suspicious about the hyphen in your filename. I'll look into it
with Tony.
--
Sent from my mobile device

annib

Mar 3, 2009, 8:45:05 AM3/3/09
to GCVA
Hi Chris,
you're up early !

Hyphen hasn't been a problem before ever however this is matlab 7
(wbic server) and I was running it previously on matlab 7.3 (bcni
server) so may be there is some mismatch there. I think you say
something about previous versions of matlab on your download page.

Anyway I've had a word with my SA and he says as long as I'm not
accessing 4GB of memory in one go I should be fine. Is there any risk
that with 81 images I am accessing 4GB in one go?

thanks
Anna

Christian Habeck

Mar 3, 2009, 9:46:01 AM3/3/09
to gc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm,

not exactly sure, but that could be a problem.... In terms of memory management this program might be quite greedy and 81 images is a quite a bit, but then I would have expected a different error message.

Sorry my suggestions are quite empirical:  maybe you could mask this images much more conservatively and reduce the number of active voxels, or maybe only analyze a subset of images? If the error still shows up maybe we can be confident it's NOT a memory issue?

Chris