nifti create error

Hwamee Oh

Dec 2, 2009, 2:44:59 PM12/2/09
to GCVA
Hi,
I just began to use the program and am very excited about it.
While running stage 3, I got an error message as follows:

Save point-estimated normalized eigenimages/PCs as .img files (1==yes/
0==no)? 1
In MATLAB format (e.g. "[1 3]" for PC1 and PC3), please enter the
set of PCs you would like to save.
Note: There is a total of 47 PCs.
[1 3]

Please provide filename prefix for the eigenimages:
test
Where would you like to place the file? Please input target path
(ending WITHOUT "/"):
/TEST1_PC

Writing point-estimated eigenimages to files...
??? Error using ==> nifti.create>create_each
Unable to write header for "/TEST1_PC/test_singlePC_PtEstimate_1.img".

Error in ==> nifti.create at 15
create_each(obj(i));

Error in ==> spm_create_vol>create_vol at 162
create(N);

Error in ==> spm_create_vol at 16
v = create_vol(V(i));

Error in ==> spm_write_vol at 82
V = spm_create_vol(V);

Error in ==> design_matrix_and_pca_module_f at 232
spm_write_vol(image_struct, PC_map_complete);

Error in ==> PCA_suite_f at 279
[vars.lambdas, vars.eigenimages_noZeroes, vars.eigenvectors, ...

I'm running the program in spm5 in matlab 7.0 in windows. When I ran
the program in a more recent matlab(7.4) in linux, I got the same
error messages. Could you let me know what the problem might be?

Thanks!
Hwamee

Postdoc, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute
UC-Berkeley

Christian Habeck

Dec 2, 2009, 2:56:02 PM12/2/09
to gc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hwamee,

I am glad you are using our software and definitely want to help. This
looks like a permissions problem, but I'll ask my RA also. What is the
exact path of the file you would like to create?

Is it

/TEST1_PC/test_singlePC_PtEstimate_1.img

i.e., is

/TEST1_PC

really the full directory path? If there are parent directories you
would have to specify them too, i.e. something like

/mnt/home/data5//TEST1_PC/test_singlePC_PtEstimate_1.img

This is the easiest possible thing that could go wrong. Let's try this
first.

Chris
> --

Christian Habeck
ch...@columbia.edu
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/sergievsky/cnd/habeck.html
http://groups.google.com/group/gcva

Hwamee Oh

Dec 2, 2009, 3:56:04 PM12/2/09
to GCVA
Hi Chris,
Thank you for a prompt reply! The problem was solved by writing a full
path. Since I was running the program in a directory where I was going
to create a subfolder for PC images, I thought that it would be okay
by just specifying the subfolder directory only.
Thanks again!!

Hwamee

Christian Habeck

Dec 2, 2009, 4:00:26 PM12/2/09
to gc...@googlegroups.com
Great,

let me know if we can be of further help. The program can sometimes be a bit tricky. Your input would be valuable for trying to make it better and more user-friendly.

Chris

Hwamee Oh wrote:
.