[gcs-pcs-list] unapi example?

Jodi Schneider

Apr 19, 2010, 1:16:49 PM4/19/10
to gcs-pcs-list
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the unAPI spec:
http://unapi.info/specs/

The example (under 'complete example') at that page says:
"Compose the unAPI base URL, weblog entry identifier, and the oai_dc
FORMAT by visiting http://unapi.info/news/unapi.php?id=http://unapi.info/news/archives/9&format=oai_dc
to see a Dublin Core record for the entry in the OAI-PMH schema for
Dublin Core data."

However, http://unapi.info/news/unapi.php gives a 404.

Should this be updated? And, by the way, any suggestion for a short
complete example of the markup required?
-Jodi

Dan Chudnov

Apr 21, 2010, 10:30:25 AM4/21/10
to gcs-pc...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 19, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Jodi Schneider wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the unAPI spec:
> http://unapi.info/specs/
>
> The example (under 'complete example') at that page says:
> "Compose the unAPI base URL, weblog entry identifier, and the oai_dc
> FORMAT by visiting http://unapi.info/news/unapi.php?id=http://unapi.info/news/archives/9&format=oai_dc
> to see a Dublin Core record for the entry in the OAI-PMH schema for
> Dublin Core data."
>
> However, http://unapi.info/news/unapi.php gives a 404.

You're right, the site no longer works that way. I disabled the wordpress backend a while ago to make the site static and should have thought more about the impact of breaking those links.

I see that it's confusing to have these broken links in the spec, but it isn't clear to me whether the spec is, er, "prominent"? "successful"? "important"? (etc.) enough to warrant keeping a working and up-to-date php app running on the backend.

What do you think? -Dan