Specify paper size

tritondev...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2018, 6:56:55 PM10/18/18
to Google Cloud Print Developers
How do you specify the paper size to use? If I have two different paper sizes in two different trays, will the proper trays be used?
Message has been deleted

Andrew Werber

Nov 27, 2018, 1:44:50 PM11/27/18
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answering my question. I was not specific enough in that I should have mentioned that I am trying to use the API (https://developers.google.com/cloud-print/docs/appInterfaces#submit) to do the printing. Plus, I want to print 2 documents using different trays. I'm trying to emulate what can be done with an application like Microsoft Word. So, I would need to switch the trays using API calls.

One question, I have a few HP printers here at work. I looked over the menu of one printer and could not find anything called an Embedded Web Server. Where do I find that?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 8:09 AM TS <terence...@gmail.com> wrote:
One way to handle such a situation is to simply change the printer defaults according to print job requirements. For example in the case of an HP printer, you could simply access the printer management tool called the "Embedded web server", select the "Settings" tab and set International -> Country/Region to US to set paper size = US Letter or UK to set paper size = A4. You could then select "Settings" -> "Paper Handling" and set Default Tray to Tray n (where n is the required number). Doing things this way requires hardly any extra effort compared to changing options in the print dialogue so there is hardly any point in debating the absence of a print dialogue paper size setting.

Message has been deleted

Andrew Werber

Dec 13, 2018, 8:11:07 PM12/13/18
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answering.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 4:59 AM TS <terence...@gmail.com> wrote:
My apologies for my earlier reply: When I realised that my response was contextually inappropriate I deleted it. Unfortunately I could not retrieve the email.
Anyway you will find a guide to HP's "Embedded web server" at this web page.
If you wish to view a rare EWS example, I have stored a converted-to-pdf copy of a rather hard-to-find example document here.