Google Cloud Print Has Stopped Working

mcmonty

Jan 25, 2014, 3:14:53 PM1/25/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I am using the Google Cloud Print Windows service to manage several printers. This service has worked fine until today. Now when I print via Google Cloud Print from a Chromebook, no print jobs are added to the print queue on the Cloud Print dashboard nor are they actually printing. I've restarted the host machine and stopped/started the windows service. I have also successfully printed directly from the host machine running Windows 7 to the printers. I've also confirmed that I am running the latest version of Chrome on the host machine. The log for the GCP windows service is also clear.

What am I missing?

bradleyd...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2014, 9:14:40 AM1/26/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
At 10:45 EST yesterday, my missing print jobs started printing. The last one printed about one hour later at 11:48 EST. It appears that every futile print job I attempted finally succeeded - almost 8 - 10 hours later. I only noticed the completed jobs when reviewing my Google Cloud Print Dashboard this morning to see if they were at least queued. They were - and listed as printed. I made no changes during this time which would have caused this resolution.

I understand this service is in Beta. However, it would be helpful to know a probable cause for this failure yesterday and if there is any remedy or best-practice that I should deploy in my setup.

Keep up the great work. This really is a great service, and this has been my only frustration to date.

fred...@frederichoule.com

Jan 26, 2014, 9:48:46 AM1/26/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
I had the same problem yesterday. When I was printing jobs, they didn't get added to the queue. This morning when I check the Cloud Print dashboard, they are all there, with "Error" status. I also tried to delete and re-add the printer yesterday, without success.

Robert Toscano

Jan 27, 2014, 3:49:57 PM1/27/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
We had to reconfigure some of our data centers, but it should be organized correctly now. Are you still experiencing this issue?

bradleyd...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 8:28:19 AM1/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I am not. It has been functioning as expected since my last post. Thank you for the explanation!

Robert M

Feb 8, 2014, 1:58:06 PM2/8/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
Having the same issue. Print jobs remain queued, Cloud Print connected printer (Canon Pixma MX870) run through Acer Chromebook shows Currently Offline when it obviously isn't. There is no doubt this is a "glitch" on Google's end. Please fix this; it is very frustrating.

Bradley McIlwain

Feb 8, 2014, 4:39:56 PM2/8/14
to robert...@gmail.com, gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Have you restarted the host machine?

Robert M

Feb 8, 2014, 5:09:57 PM2/8/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, robert...@gmail.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
Sure, many times. Thanks fo your help, but I am giving up on this application. I don't have time to waste on it.

ada...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2014, 5:37:14 PM2/16/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, bradleyd...@gmail.com
Google cloud print hasn't been working for me since February 8th. I went so far as to remove the printer and re-add (also restarted PC, network...): No luck. This was an Epson Artisan 837 with Cloud Print support. So I don't think this problem is fixed.

Bradley McIlwain

Feb 17, 2014, 8:40:45 AM2/17/14
to ada...@gmail.com, gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Have you confirmed that the Epson print service is working properly? I haven't used it before, but I assume it operates similarly to HP e-print.

Damon Borgnino

Mar 15, 2018, 3:14:32 PM3/15/18
to Google Cloud Print Developers
Cloud printing only works if you are logged into the windows machine connected to the printers. If you log out , cloud printing will fail, regardless if it's run as a service. So, lock the computer and don't logout.

See if that fixes it.