Specific Google Account not working with Google Cloud Print

mar...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2013, 11:04:09 AM9/13/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

sorry I'm not a developer for Google Cloud Print, but my problem might be related to some developers and I have no chance to get support elsewhere. My printer has a native Google Cloud Print support (configuration in a webinterface of the printer, no connector). I can't attach my printer to Google Cloud Print, because I got always an error: Authentication Status: Internal Error. I'm using the correct password, because if I using a wrong passwort, I got a message with wrong Authentication (user/password not correct). I've tested this with my @gmail.com and @googlemail.com address. Same error after enabling the 2-step verification (using a application-specific password).

Then I tried a complete different google account and I't works out of the box. My questions is, what's the problem with my google account which seems not support google cloud print?

Thank you.
Markus

Gene Gutnik

Sep 13, 2013, 12:45:05 PM9/13/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,
Could you please send us your printer model? Also, could you please search for the latest printer firmware for this model and try to update it?

Markus Kreß

Sep 13, 2013, 1:28:33 PM9/13/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gene.
Thank you for your help.  It's a brother mfc j5910dw.  It has already the newest firmware "j".

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.

Gene Gutnik

Sep 13, 2013, 1:40:04 PM9/13/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,
We had problem with this model a few month ago. Brother suppose to fix this issue in the J firmware release.

I wonder if it is possible to apply J update again.
In the mean time we'll see if we can repro this issue here and contact Brother if necessary.

mar...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2013, 6:34:56 AM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gene.

Are there any new information about this problem? Is it a problem with my Google account or a bug in the Firmware "J". I've contacted Brother again, but no answer from Brother. The problem still exists.

Thank you.
Markus

Gene Gutnik

Oct 8, 2013, 1:59:40 PM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,
Could you please check time on your Brother printer. Incorrect printer time may fail certification (https) validation and cause sign-in issues.
Thanks,
Gene

Markus Kreß

Oct 8, 2013, 2:07:52 PM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hello Gene.
Time, Date and Timezone are correct (this was one of the first settings I've checked). Don't forget, with a different Google Account it works. May be it's a problem with my Account. I've checked also 2 step verificaton with an application specific password, but I've got the same error.

Gene Gutnik

Oct 8, 2013, 4:55:33 PM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I missed part where you mentioned it works with other Google account.
Let me see if we can find anything special about your account. The account that does not work is mar...@gmail.com, correct?

Markus Kreß

Oct 8, 2013, 5:06:28 PM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Robert Toscano

Oct 8, 2013, 6:55:03 PM10/8/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
So what are the usernames on the two accounts? Is it the same username, just different domains?

Markus Kreß

Oct 9, 2013, 2:15:45 AM10/9/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Account with problem: mar...@gmail.com
Account without problem: siggi...@gmail.com (it's not my account)
Problem still exits this morning (I've tested this yet again).

2013/10/9 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFjptcy%2BhBqC1ZFavS1P1tT9duPkXmdchXnsQe5t6T3MZQ%40mail.gmail.com.

mar...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2013, 6:39:50 AM10/16/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

today Brother wrote, if it's working with a different Google account and not working using my account, it's a problem of google and not related to the printer. If this is true, I think more google users will run into this problem, if they're using cloud print. In my opinion, Google should find out what's wrong here. Currently I'm pretty frustrated.

Markus

Robert Toscano

Oct 18, 2013, 8:58:29 PM10/18/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, Kelly Lucas
This is a very strange error indeed. We haven't seen this error before, and it's pretty difficult for us to reproduce this without being able to instrument the printer and your user account.

There are several steps during the registration process where things might be going wrong. But without knowing which step it is, I won't be able to find the right team to address this.

I'll see if I can ask our contacts at Brother if they have a version of their firmware that has some more verbose output.

Maybe there is something peculiar about your email address and not necessarily with Google. I'm not sure if this will work, but could you try adding a suffix to your email address? Something like: markkr...@gmail.com

What happens if you use an email address that doesn't exist?

I think the app-specific password is the right way to go, esp if you have 2 factor auth.  I'm also suprised that the Brother printer asks for your credentials at all. @Kelly, do you know if we certified this printer and why it asks for user credentials? Printer model is "brother mfc j5910dw".

Markus Kreß

Oct 19, 2013, 6:26:43 AM10/19/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.
Using markkr...@gmail.com does not work. I get a authentification
error. Same for using a non existing Google Account. Using
mark...@gmail.com I get the same internal error like
mar...@gmail.com. As I wrote, I've tried the 2 factor auth to find a
solution by myself. But this doesn't work, so I switched back to
simple auth.

Robert Toscano

Oct 19, 2013, 3:31:29 PM10/19/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I just want to clarify, simple auth doesn't work for your account either right?

Markus Kreß

Oct 19, 2013, 4:06:36 PM10/19/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Yes,  both methods (simple and 2 step) doesn't work. Today I tried to use only chars (no numbers) in my password. Nothing helps. I'm using a router,  which is very common in germany.  I have no filter, proxy or other special devices between printer and internet. Only simple NAT and a static IPv4 adress for the printer. My internet connection is dual stack ipv4 and ipv6,  both native. I'm working also in the IT (databases, programming etc) , so have more than usual knowledge. I tried again to use a account of a friend and changed nothing in my setup at home. The different account works,  but my not.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.

Markus Kreß

Oct 21, 2013, 5:03:15 AM10/21/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.

I tried the 2-Step auth. again and it seems there is more wrong than
only cloud print.

I've installed "Google Authenticator App" on my Nexus 4 and activated
the 2-Step auth. Primary methode to get codes was "Google
Authenticator App". My Nexus now complains about failed Google
syncronisation. After starting the "Google Authenticator App" and
pressed "Begin setup", I got a error "Couldn't sign in". I tried using
Mobile Network and WiFi, nothing works. But both networks were
availible and ok. I tried also time sync in "Google Authenticator
App". The App told me, time was still in sync.

Than I switched to SMS auth. and I got a SMS with a Code. But It was
not possible to syncing my Nexus with my google account anymore. I was
never asked for a code. Than I generated a app specific password for
my google account and use this password for my nexus. Now I was able
to sync my google account again. As I know, usually my google account
on my Nexus should work without an app specific password, only with
password and the code.

I generated a second app specific password for the printer, but this
was also not accepted and I still got the message "internal error".

For me it seems like a problem with my account.

2013/10/19 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/gcp-developers/NevOO25GAJQ/unsubscribe.
> gcp-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gcp-developers.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFioLg2R1KHLf0NRXnEYmhi8xUX5fUQ_5jY%3DnDi62rhfDQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Markus Kreß

Oct 21, 2013, 10:42:21 AM10/21/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.
I tried 2-step auth a thrid time, now without installing "Google
Authenticator App". I got an error on my Nexus and was redirected to a
google page where I have to type in the code. I got a sms with the
code, typed in the code into my nexus and syncing was successfull
again.
Now I tried to use my google password on the printer, but I got a
authentification error. This was what I expected. I generated a app
specific password for my printer and use this password in the printers
gcp login. I got the internal error again.

2013/10/19 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/gcp-developers/NevOO25GAJQ/unsubscribe.
> gcp-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gcp-developers.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFioLg2R1KHLf0NRXnEYmhi8xUX5fUQ_5jY%3DnDi62rhfDQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Robert Toscano

Oct 22, 2013, 2:30:10 PM10/22/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus, I'm afraid I'm not sure what could possibly be wrong with your specific account, although the behavior you described is certainly peculiar. Are you able to use Google Authentication APIs to get a valid OAuth2 access token? That might be a possible point of failure. Another might be our server. Are you able to register any other printers (e.g. registering from the Chrome connector)?

Markus Kreß

Oct 22, 2013, 4:58:41 PM10/22/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hello Robert,  It was possible to add the printer via connector. But it was not possible to print a document. I see the jobs in the gcp print queue,  but with an error. If I register the printer with a working account (without connector) and share this printer, I was able to print (this was not a surprise).  I'm not able to test the API (not a developer). Is there a easy way to test the API?

Robert Toscano

Oct 23, 2013, 4:13:06 PM10/23/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus, there might be an issue when getting OAuth2 access tokens. If you use the oauth playground are you able to:
  1. Use the scope https://www.googleapis.com/auth/cloudprint to get a authorize the API?
  2. Exchange authorization code for tokens?

Markus Kreß

Oct 24, 2013, 2:44:20 AM10/24/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.
first, thank you for your help!

I tried to use the api playground. I got a token for google drive and
exchanged the token. Than I was able to get informations (e.g. stroed
files) from my google drive on the right side of the screen.
But I did a second test with gcp. Last time time I connected the
printer to gcp using the webinterface of printer (no connector) with
the working account and shared this printer with my account. In this
case printing using account was possible. Today I use the connector in
chrome with the working account and shared the printer with my
account. Printing does not work (job failed in queue).
I will try this later again, to be sure there is no mistake using the
connector (but I'm quit sure, that I don't make a mistake).

2013/10/23 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFid0nd72XxjF44yYGeMkuGkanrvdnJZJaRmDvp4pkcWzA%40mail.gmail.com.

Markus Kreß

Oct 24, 2013, 1:48:17 PM10/24/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert.
I repeat all the tests again. Same results:

Printing without gcp works (using windows driver).
I starting my tests with a clean printer list on gcp (only save to drive).

Tests using GCP without chrome connector, using printers webinterface:

- Register printer (on printers webinterface) for gcp with
mar...@gmail.com failed (internal error). Same when adding + or . to
gmail-address.
- Register printer (on printers webinterface) for gcp with another
gmail.com account works.
- Printing Document from Google Drive on this registered printer from
a Nexus Device (using other gmail.com account) works.
- Share this printer with mar...@gmail.com. Printing Document from
Google Drive from a Nexus Device (using mar...@gmail.com) to this
shared printer works.
- Unregister printer from gcp.

Tests using GCP with connector in Chrome:

- Register printer (in chrome) using another gmail.com account works.
- Printing Document from Google Drive on this registered printer from
a Nexus Device (using other gmail.com account) does not work (job is
created, but failed).
- Printing the Testpage from www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/ does not
work (job is created, but failed).
- Share this printer with mar...@gmail.com. Printing Document from
Google Drive from a Nexus Device (using mar...@gmail.com) to this
shared printer does not work (job is created, but failed).

Chrome is running during all tests. When using the connector, the
other gmail.com account is connected with gcp in chrome. Printer is
always on.
Windows Firewall is off. Using Win 8.1 64Bit, Chrome 30.0.1599.101 m.
Internet connection with IPv6 and IPv4 (using NAT). No Proxy.
I've checked the help pages for gpc if there are any hints for my problem.

OAuth seems to work, but I'm not 100% sure if I doing the test correct.

There might be two problems. 1st the connector and the 2nd my Account.

2013/10/23 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFid0nd72XxjF44yYGeMkuGkanrvdnJZJaRmDvp4pkcWzA%40mail.gmail.com.

Markus Kreß

Oct 26, 2013, 8:44:32 AM10/26/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.
Yeah, I solved the problem! It seems to be related to IPv6. As you
know, my Internet connection is IPv6 (/56) and IPv4 dual stack. I'm
using IPv6 for surfing etc. and for my Nexus devices. But IPv6 was
disabled in my printer setup (it's by default disabled). For more
testing, I changed my Internet conection to IPv4 only and connect the
printer via LAN (instead WLAN). This does not help, but I've got after
logon to gcp on printers webinterface the message "in progress". After
some minutes I've rebooted the printer, than I got the "internal
error" message again. So I changed back to dual stack and saw in the
printer setup that IPv6 for WLAN was disabled. I've enabled IPv6 in
the printers setup and use stateless IPv6 config (for IPv4 I'm using a
static address). I've typed in my google credentials and yep, the
printer was registered. I was able to print via my nexus devices.
But it's still mysterious, because of the other working account. One
thing seems to be different: During my tests, the account
mar...@gmail.com was always connected with google on my nexus
devices. The working account not. Or do you have any other ideas why
one accounts work and the other not?

For the 2-step auth. I try some more tests.

2013/10/23 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFid0nd72XxjF44yYGeMkuGkanrvdnJZJaRmDvp4pkcWzA%40mail.gmail.com.

Robert Toscano

Oct 28, 2013, 9:46:47 PM10/28/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
That certainly is a mystery. I'm not sure why the printer firmware has problems with IPv6 disabled for a particular user. I'm glad it's working for you now.

Markus Kreß

Oct 29, 2013, 4:57:00 AM10/29/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert.
Sorry, there is a misunderstanding.
First, it's not possible to activate IPv6 for some users on the
printer (only a administrator user is availible on the printer). So,
IPv6 is only on or off.
Second, registering of the printer to gcp was not reproducable. I
tried to unregister und register the printer again (no changes to any
config in my network) and it was not possible to register it again (I
repeat: No changes at all at my computers, router, printer, network,
nexus devices, IP adresses).

At first it seems to be related to a networking problem (works after
activting IPv6 on printer). But this does not fit to the special
account problem. There must be a second reason. My idea was, it has
something to do with active connections to google of my account from
my network (Nexus devices using also IPv6). But this seems not to be
the reason (I turned off all other devices in my network). It could be
also a problem of timing, because after I tried to reproduce the
problem, I got for some seconds the "in progress" message (like in my
first successful try). When disabling IPv6 on printer, I never saw
this message.

Now I know, my account could work with gpc. My account has no defect,
that is the conclusion. On this base, I can go further with more
tests. It might be a timing problem, a networking problem with IPv6
(provider, google router), or some caching mechanism. I should disable
IPv6 for one day and turn off all devices.
IPv6 using not much people, together with gcp there are only handsome
people which using this combination.

Do you have any other suggestions?

2013/10/29 Robert Toscano <rlto...@google.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAJUBiFjA8RAEWTfDBL7qbezSMHw5AO%2B1Og8Q1iT4DcT4T9LYRw%40mail.gmail.com.

synerg...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2014, 7:22:25 AM7/16/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
I'm having the same problem wit two Brother HL-5470DW printers. They both stopped working with Cloudprint on the smae day last week. I need 2-step verification and can't go back to simple authentication. Tried the CAPTCHA trick, IPv6, etc...nothing is working.

marklm...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2014, 4:07:08 PM7/20/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
I've just started having this problem as well, stared in the couple of weeks.  Been working (more or less) over the last year but now I get the "internal error" on my brother mfc-j825 when I try to login with app specifc password.  Tried the tricks listed here as well to no avail.

Jeff Woertz

Jul 20, 2014, 6:45:59 PM7/20/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I spoke with Antonio at brother. He's higher level tech support I think. Nice guy but he had no fix. It does appear to be a Google issue and not Brother. The Brother test account worked perfectly. When I put mine in (even non 2-step verification) I got the "internal error" message again. This is NOT good.

kdLucas

Jul 20, 2014, 10:39:10 PM7/20/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Could you re-create this issue with a test account that you could then allow us to use in order to see this issue? I think if we could reproduce it we could then determine the cause of it.

Kelly

Liberating one printer at a time...
kdLucas

matthew...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2014, 11:46:00 PM7/20/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, kdl...@google.com
Sorry to pile on, but I have a very similar sounding issue "Internal Error" trying to connect by MFC-8710DW. My main account (ideal account) has 2-factor authentication. That didn't work, even with an app specific password.  I tried creating a fresh account without 2-factor authentication, but still the "Internal Error". Because the printer won't connect in the first place, so I can never see it in any account's Cloud Print settings. I verified time settings (using synched NTP with Pacific Time (UTC-8:00 with auto Daylight Savings)

I am using the latest (June 2014) firmware, rev 'L'.

I'm happy to try experiments. Does anyone at Google have access to the cloud print backend to see what, if anything, is trying to sign in to the server? Or are there any details regarding failed login attempts?

Thanks for your support on this.

Matt

txtw...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2014, 4:29:52 PM7/26/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
I too just started getting the "Internal "Error" message. It was working fine last week. There has been no change to the printer or my google email account.

Tom

kdLucas

Jul 28, 2014, 9:04:53 AM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
Just to be sure, are these Google Domain Accounts, or is two step authentication being used?

Kelly

Liberating one printer at a time...
kdLucas

Jeff Woertz

Jul 28, 2014, 9:09:22 AM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
​When I was having that problem, my account was just a standard free Gmail account with 2-step authentication. One thing I noticed was that I could not add any CloudPrint printers until I deleted all pending print jobs from the other printers. I believe once I did that, the "Internal Error" went away and I could add my printers again.​

Tom Watson

Jul 28, 2014, 12:33:01 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Kelly,

I am using my gmail login/password - not 2-step.

Tom

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.

Jeff Woertz

Jul 28, 2014, 12:35:27 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
​Check to make sure all of your print jobs are deleted in the CloudPrint manager. I believe this is what fixed it for me. I was able to add printers without "Internal Error" as soon as I deleted all the old print jobs.​

Matthew Bright

Jul 28, 2014, 12:38:51 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, after I created a brand new Google test account (completely fresh and never before used - purpose built for testing a fresh cloud print registration to a new Google account. No 2-factor authentication ever set up on the account), I still received the "Internal Error". Jeff, did you do anything on the printer side after also clearing the Cloud Print queue in the cloud (Google side)? Thanks in advance.

-matt

kdLucas

Jul 28, 2014, 12:41:18 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Is the "Internal Error" message coming from the printer or from the Google Cloud Print service? Where do you see this?

Kelly

Liberating one printer at a time...
kdLucas

Tom Watson

Jul 28, 2014, 12:50:24 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

The printer's web interface.

Tom

Matthew Bright

Jul 28, 2014, 12:52:00 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
The "internal error" message shows up in a browser - it comes from the printer's internal web server when signed into the printer's web server  with a web browser (for example, connect with Chrome through my intranet to the printer's local IP like http://192.168.1.215)

I'm not in front of the printer now, but here is an example of the web interface. Perhaps someone can send a screenshot of the Internal Error on the Cloud Print option under the "Protocol" menu.

-matt

Jeff Woertz

Jul 28, 2014, 12:52:23 PM7/28/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I didn't do anything to my printer to get it to work (nothing in the printer's setup) except typing in my Google info after I deleted all the print jobs on the CloudPrint website. Might just be a coincidence too.

celso.er....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2014, 1:46:44 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
Hi.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm having the same problem.

I have a Brother mfc-j430w printer, and when I try to login to Cloud Print with my account I get the "Internal Error" message.

If I use my mother's account, however, it works!

I have already tried 2-step verification with my account, have the latest printer firmware, and date and time are correct (don't know where to configure timezone though).

I have already spent about 20 minutes with the Brother online chat tech support, after which they, of course, told me it was a Google problem and not theirs.

I have no idea what's wrong with my account...

tgru...@llhs.org

Jul 31, 2014, 3:44:14 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com, celso.er....@gmail.com
Also sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but...  We have several new Brother HL-5470 that will not authenticate to any address in our domain.  If I use a personal gmail account, it will authenticate.  After an hour with Brother tech support, they concluded (rather rudely) that it was Google's problem.  I called Google and they had me setup the printer attached to my chrome browser and shared with everyone, but this means my machine has to be on to make it work.  Not really a cloud printer at this point.  I am not sure what Brother and Google have going, but I hope we can get an answer soon.  We start school in two weeks, and need these printers working for our students.

Jeff Woertz

Jul 31, 2014, 4:07:34 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Check ALL of your CloudPrint print jobs and delete anything pending or stuck. Even from old CloudPrint printers. I believe that is what fixed it for me. As soon as I did that, no more "internal error" messages.

Todd Grundman

Jul 31, 2014, 4:10:15 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
After reading the thread, I tried that, but still get the same result.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Todd Grundman
Director of Operations/IT/HR
Lakeside Lutheran High School
(920) 648-2321 ext. 2205 (voice)
(920) 648-5625 (fax)
Email: grun...@llhs.org
WWW: http://www.llhs.org

Tom Watson

Jul 31, 2014, 4:15:22 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I tried that to no avail. I deleted the printer because it would take to long to delete the hundreds of successful prints before this problem arose about 2 weeks ago. Someone else had suggested cleaning out all the old print jobs.

I cannot add the printer now because of the same "internal error". If I put in the wrong password for my regular gmail account that I am using, I get an "Authenication" error.

Tom

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Jeff Woertz <synerg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tom Watson
20203 Hunters Point Drive
Georgetown, TX 78633
txtw...@gmail.com
512.818.1292

Jeff Woertz

Jul 31, 2014, 4:17:22 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
That's not what I suggested to do, though. What appears to work is not deleting the printers but deleting any pending or stuck print jobs. Deleting the printers does nothing to the print jobs.

Markus Kreß

Jul 31, 2014, 4:17:36 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

Deleting all Items (Jobs,Printers) does not help for me.

Tom Watson

Jul 31, 2014, 4:21:02 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ok. As I said, I had hundreds of successful print jobs before and did not want to spend all day deleting them. There is not a bulk delete. I did delete the queued jobs but that did not work either. So I tried deleting the printer and re-adding it. Cannot add it now.

Tom

Somasundaram Meiyappan

Jul 31, 2014, 8:09:02 PM7/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

If you are using a Mac, then there is  a program called 'Cloud Printer' that is downloadable from the Mac App Store. It will allow you to select 'all completed' jobs associated with a printer and delete them using just a couple of clicks.

However, if you have already deleted the printer, then it will not be useful in deleting jobs associated with the deleted printer.

Regards,
Somasundaram.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud Print Developers" group.

celso.er....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2014, 7:13:38 AM8/1/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, synerg...@gmail.com
Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have print jobs pending and I'm still getting the "Internal Error" message.

Right now I logged in to the printer with my mother's account and then shared it with my own.

I still don't have a clue why my account doesn't work directly....

Markus Kreß

Aug 1, 2014, 7:27:36 AM8/1/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Same for me. My account doesn't work, another account works fine.
Google should have a look on it. GCP ist Beta, but inplemented on many
printers.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/6a015fd4-bd80-4e88-a9fa-5e09c774936e%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Toscano

Aug 7, 2014, 7:35:01 AM8/7/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,

Would you do me a favor? Can you use the oauth playground to generate an access token for both of your users and then report the length of each access token? Don't post the actual access token since this can give access to your data for one hour.
  1. Navigate to https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/
  2. Paste this scope into the field labeled "Input your own scopes":
    https://www.googleapis.com/auth/cloudprint
  3. Click the "Authorize APIs" button
  4. Click the "Accept" button
  5. Click the "Exchange authorization code for tokens" button to generate an access token.
  6. Note the length of the access token (it appears on the right column in the json payload labeled "access_token")
  7. Log out, and log in as second account and repeat process
Please let us know the length of the access tokens for the account that works and the one that doesn't.

On Fri Aug 01 2014 at 3:27:36 PM Markus Kreß <mar...@ekress.de> wrote:
Same for me. My account doesn't work, another account works fine.
Google should have a look on it. GCP ist Beta, but inplemented on many
printers.

> Hi Jeff.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have print jobs pending and I'm still
> getting the "Internal Error" message.
>
> Right now I logged in to the printer with my mother's account and then
> shared it with my own.
>
> I still don't have a clue why my account doesn't work directly....
>
> Quinta-feira, 31 de Julho de 2014 21:17:22 UTC+1, Jeff Woertz escreveu:
>>
>> That's not what I suggested to do, though. What appears to work is not
>> deleting the printers but deleting any pending or stuck print jobs. Deleting
>> the printers does nothing to the print jobs.

Robert Toscano

Aug 7, 2014, 8:01:55 AM8/7/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, celso.er....@gmail.com
Also, celso.er....@gmail.com, I saw that you had the same problem, could you also go through the oauth playground steps and compare the length of the access tokens?

Mark Milligan

Aug 10, 2014, 3:31:54 PM8/10/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a working account so I can't do step 7.  Is there any value in me providing you any information via these tokens on the failing (internal error) account?

Robert Toscano

Aug 11, 2014, 4:24:23 AM8/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Those steps were intended for the developers who had one account that worked and another that didn't. So if you only have one account that doesn't work, it won't help the investigation right now, but I'll ask again when it will help.

yoak...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 10:14:17 AM8/26/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, celso.er....@gmail.com
Robert:

I am facing the same problem with my brother 5910. the access token on the working account and non working account are of the same length. both begin with ya29.

Thanks
Akshay

> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gcp-developers.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/6a015fd4-bd80-4e88-a9fa-5e09c774936e%40googlegroups.com.

mah...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 1:41:50 AM8/27/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, celso.er....@gmail.com, yoak...@gmail.com
Having the same issue with brother MFC-J835DW - my account can sign in fine but the one I really need to work doesn't - looks like this - http://screencast.com/t/niE6OPMnm8u - tried the unlockcaptcha trick in this thread https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/xlE8SqPckkA/2-Z4zDwnaeUJ but doesn't work for me - deleting old jobs not applicable, there are none.

My guess is that I signed in first with the account that works - and then when you try to change it google somehow cant forget the first account that was used.

mah...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 1:46:42 AM8/27/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, celso.er....@gmail.com, yoak...@gmail.com, mah...@gmail.com
However a workaround for now that I just set up is to share that printer with the person that needs it.

mar...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 3:50:03 AM8/27/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
It is a shame that no one from Google or Brother feels responsible for these problems!

asanti...@gmail.com

asanti...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2014, 6:58:52 PM8/30/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
After 4 days working on this issue with j435W and HL 2270 &2280 the date and time is the problem also you must restart the printer after each setting.then sign with disabled checked the first time, upon the 2nd sign in check enabled and you should be good to go

Jeff Woertz

Aug 30, 2014, 7:00:15 PM8/30/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
​Does HL2280 even support CloudPrint?​

Markus Kreß

Aug 31, 2014, 4:34:06 AM8/31/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I tried this and didn't work for me. And it make for no sense (for
me), because one account works perfectly another not, without
restarting printer, time setting etc.

synerg...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2014, 4:18:18 PM9/25/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@ekress.de
This needs to get resolved ASAP. I am sick of screwing around with these Brother paperweights!

synerg...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 6:10:08 PM10/1/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
Firmware update fixed it on both printers for me. I believe the latest version is 1.18. That did the trick instantly.

doerr...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2014, 7:18:43 PM10/10/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
Have the same problem.

Already had registred my Brother DCP-J725DW with my google account (doerri1***@gmail.com). Saw it has been offline for over a month. Tried to reconnect it --> Internal error. Deleted the printer in account which was offline, deleted all print jobs --> internal error.

Tried another account from girlfriend --> Internal error

Created a completely new account (just write an email to me if u want its mail adress) --> connected successfully at first try.

This is an Google-Problem, not a Brother-related.

As my girlfriend never before had a cloud printer added, all older accounts are related to this bug.

Workaround: Create new google account - add printer to this - Share printer with your other (not working) account

Jeff Woertz

Oct 10, 2014, 7:41:59 PM10/10/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
​Last month's Brother firmware update fixed it for me on both of my printers HL-5470DW​. No issues at all now.

doerr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2014, 4:46:20 AM10/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, synerg...@gmail.com
so whats the release date of the firmware update? I already installed the lastest for mine (08-2013), which should solve some cloud print problems. But i had installed it from the beginning, and it just stopped working. Firmware version is also 1.18 on mine.

Can you just run the firmware updater again and post a screenshot?

Tom Watson

Oct 11, 2014, 3:01:32 PM10/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have the latest firmware which I verifed from a windows machine using Brother's firmware update tool. Still no joy. I still get the" internal error".

Tom

Angel Santiago

Oct 11, 2014, 6:42:22 PM10/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Internal time setting is what I am talking about

Angel Santiago

Oct 11, 2014, 6:43:33 PM10/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Have tried resetting the whole thing yet and start from scratch ?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAGf3B9WO0h-Pf%2B3dJCGoK1jutkWnv%3D1a-PFkYY0oDurEsfEFKA%40mail.gmail.com.

Angel Santiago

Oct 11, 2014, 6:44:18 PM10/11/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Not really but I got it to work just fine

On Saturday, August 30, 2014, Jeff Woertz <synerg...@gmail.com> wrote:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcp-developers/CAGf3B9WO0h-Pf%2B3dJCGoK1jutkWnv%3D1a-PFkYY0oDurEsfEFKA%40mail.gmail.com.

doerr...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2014, 1:23:53 PM10/15/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
So, after a few days my NEW CREATED ACCOUNT stopped working.

I could see in the Printer Settings I was "logged out". Google Dashboard said my printer is "online and ready", but my print jobs were only in queue.
Tried to login again with new account (patrick_do****@gmail.com) - INTERNAL ERROR.

Please google, fix this.

sophie.van...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2014, 5:33:15 AM11/18/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com, doerr...@gmail.com
Dear all,

I have the same issue and the only workaround is to create a new google account and share the printer.

I can't be sure but the issue seems to raise when the printer has lost the time settings. Even you set the right time, you can't re-connect the printer !

Regards

bouc...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2015, 9:25:59 PM1/8/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
I had the same problem with MFC-8950DW, firmware rev K. I created a device-specific password and tried to registered the device by signing in using my gmail address and the generated password. I received an 'Internal Error'. I upgraded the printer firmware to rev Q, and was able to register the printer.

shaylor.c...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 12:15:21 PM2/25/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com
 same issue here, created a new account for GCP, it will authenticate, try it a few hours later, and it has logged me out of the web server and will not let me sign back in, have most up to date firmware according to brother firmware tool and time and date is correct, also have tried the 2 factor authentication and app password still not working, any help appreciated

ordx...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2015, 12:17:39 PM3/15/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com, shaylor.c...@gmail.com
If you still have this problem, I think i've found the solution...  Use single use back up codes. Make sure the clock on the printer is set correctly, then log in with the single use code... MAKE SURE TO ENTER THE  SPACE between the numbers  (XXXX XXXX format).  The cloud status on the printer will say in progress but it connects fine.  Good luck

MR

doerr...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2015, 7:45:18 AM3/19/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, mar...@gmail.com, shaylor.c...@gmail.com, ordx...@gmail.com
Can you explain in detail how you managed to login with that code?

I just enabled 2 facor authentification with codes by mobile device. I generated 10 single use codes.
How can I enter those? Tried it in "password" on Brother Google Cloud Print Webinterface, but didnt work.

When I enter my normal password, if says Authentification Error like before...

Thanks for support.

Kind regards,
Patrick

nite...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2015, 3:54:29 PM4/18/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have this problem also.  I have a Brother MFC-J825DW that supports Cloud Print.  It the printer only supports IPV4.  I do not have two factor authentication setup.  If I try to setup cloud print with my account I get "Internal Error".  If I set it up with another account, it works fine.  The printer has the latest firmware available.

samb...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 7:16:13 AM7/1/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
SORTED!!!.....ok contact brother customer support.....they have a new firmware out for brother printers....mine is a MFC-J5910DW....this firmware is not on their website. you have to email them complaining your google cloudprint does not work. They will then email you back new firmware with install instructions....make sure you SET THE BLOODY DATE AND TIME AFTER INSTALL OF NEW FIRMWARE CAUSE IT THINKS ITS 2025 WTf!....after then you register on chromeprint AND IT WORKS!!!!....please send any paypal donations of this help to samb...@gmail.com because I must confess i'd have paid £20 to get this working at least :)

samb...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 7:16:13 AM7/1/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

doerr...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 7:36:14 AM7/1/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, samb...@gmail.com
Contacted brother, would be creat if this work. Do youhave any specific supper email? I don't think this information is widely spreaded @ Brother...

Young-il Jeong

Apr 19, 2016, 3:20:42 AM4/19/16
to Google Cloud Print Developers, samb...@gmail.com
What is your NEW firmware version? J or else?

2015년 7월 1일 수요일 오후 8시 16분 13초 UTC+9, samb...@gmail.com 님의 말:

Zzz Ddd

Aug 15, 2016, 5:16:14 AM8/15/16
to Google Cloud Print Developers, samb...@gmail.com
Bullshit....
No new firmware. And you give your paypal adress....

PGHStill'rs

Jan 30, 2017, 1:39:25 PM1/30/17
to Google Cloud Print Developers, mar...@gmail.com
Did anyone find an answer to this?

I cannot get my Brother mfc j5910DW to connect to Google Print.  I have J firmware...