Google Cloud Print services are currently unavailable

Peter Chocholak

Aug 14, 2017, 1:42:15 PM8/14/17
to Google Cloud Print Developers
I have an Epson WF-3540. A year or so ago I set it up to use Google Cloud Print. A few months ago I could no longer print. This week I'm doing my best to get it working again ...

From the Google Cloud Print menu, my printer is not visible. I have used chrome://devices/ and https://www.google.com/cloudprint/#printers - neither display my printer any longer.

However when I use http://192.168.0.117/PRESENTATION/HTML/TOP/INDEX.HTML (my IP address of the printer and management URL) I am able to manage the printer, including verifying it has the most up to date firmware.  The issue begins when I attempt to use the Epson interface to manage the Google Cloud Print services settings. Once I click it, the interface says "The printer has been registered with Google Cloud Print services". However, since Google Cloud Print doesn't list my printer, I use the Epson interface in an attempt to delete my printer from Google Cloud Print services. When I do so, I see the printer display flash so I know it is attempting to communicate with Google, then the web page says "Setup failed. Google Cloud Print services are currently unavailable. Try again later."  I printed a status page on my printer which confirms the Google Cloud Print is Enabled, confirms it's IP address, then shows XMPP Status is "None" and HTTPS Status is blank. I can also attempt to suspend my printer on Google Cloud Print, I receive the same error message (... failed. Google Cloud Print services are currently unavailable ..).

What do I do to get the printer and Google Cloud Print to communicate with each other?