Mulit-Page Documents Printed from Google Docs Print in the Wrong Order

Michael Wright

Sep 22, 2017, 4:58:18 PM9/22/17
to Google Cloud Print Developers
Please fix the following horrible annoyance:

I use and like my Chromebook.  However, if I print a 70 page document, Google Docs prints page 1 first and page 70 last, so I have to manually re-arrange all of the pages so that page 1 is properly on top.

Who in the universe wants to print that way???  Virtually nobody!

It appears this has been a problem since at least 2014, with no resolution.  It is time to fix this problem.

I would sure like to get some feedback on how I can print documents without having to tolerate this serious annoyance.

TS

Mar 9, 2018, 4:35:49 AM3/9/18
to Google Cloud Print Developers
This is merely a peer user reply. Although full-blown Linux does offer it, currently you won't find the same "Print in reverse order" print option in any Chrome OS print dialogue. This is not a limitation imposed by using Google Docs. If you are prepared to undertake the formidable task of submitting a formal bug report to get the issue resolved you can read about how to go about it here. However If your printer supports duplex printing, then the simplest way to achieve correctly ordered pages (page one will end up bottom of the stack but face down) would be to tick the "Two-sided" or "Print on Both Sides" print option. Unfortunately you may notice some ink bleedthrough from one side of the paper to the other when using an inkjet printer in combination with lightweight paper. FWIW I tend to do most of my printing on a cheap-to-run monochrome laser printer (zero bleedthrough) and only use an inkjet printer when color is essential (e.g. photos).
If you want or need to print one-sided, then you can emulate the missing "print in reverse order" print option as described below.
Assuming that you have a 15-page document to print, then click inside the "Pages" print dialogue box and enter the following:
15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
..then make sure that "Two-sided" or "Print on Both Sides" is NOT ticked and click on Print.
You will end up with a face up, correctly ordered stack with page 1 at the top.