Printing on 4x6 5x7 photo paper

pheng...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 12:28:40 AM7/2/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to print 4x6 photos from my Acer Chromebook to my HP 5530 printer. It's not a photosmart, but I can resize it so that I can place 4x6 5x7. I can't seem to find a "resize" option and it wont allow me to print to the photo paper; only 8.5x11. Anyone know how to print from a Chromebook to 4x6 5x7 photo paper?

Lillian Thompson

Jan 10, 2016, 2:00:52 PM1/10/16
to Google Cloud Print Developers, pheng...@gmail.com
IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TS

Jan 11, 2016, 10:48:51 AM1/11/16
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, pheng...@gmail.com
There is a new Chrome app available for your Chromebook which may solve your problem. Note: It will print over your LAN (much quicker than GCP) although you cannot use it for printing from a remote location via the internet (something you can do with GCP).
If you install HP Print for Chrome from the Chrome Web Store, then initiate Print then change the destination to your HP 5530 (which should be listed in Local Destinations if it is switched on) then click on More Settings you will see a Paper Size multiple choice selection button.
In my case I can select a whole range of paper sizes for my HP Officejet Pro 8600 including 6X4 and 7X5 inches.
Is this the beginning of the end for GCP?

TS

Feb 8, 2016, 6:23:35 AM2/8/16
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, pheng...@gmail.com
I have submitted a HP forum post (and bug report) about the apparent lack of a page orientation (layout) option for PDFs in the "HP Print for Chrome" print dialogue.