Google Code-in 2017 announced!

Stephanie Taylor

Sep 18, 2017, 12:48:27 PM9/18/17
to Google Code-in Announce

Hello,

We are pleased to announce Google Code-in 2017, the 8th straight year of the program for pre-university students ages 13-17.

The GCI timeline, FAQs, Rules and flyers have been updated on the contest site.

Students -- The contest begins for you on Tuesday, November 28th!

Organizations -- If you would like to apply for the 2017 program please start thinking about the tasks you would like students to work on and also reach out to your community members to ask if they would like to be mentors for the program. Applications open for GCI orgs very soon - on October 9th, and close 2 weeks later on October 24th. We will announce organizations on Thursday, October 26th giving orgs over a month to create their tasks before the contest begins on November 28th.

We are looking to continue the growth of this program and reach a record number of teenagers this year! Read more on today’s blog post.

If you have any questions about Google Code-in please contact us at gci-s...@google.com

Best,

Stephanie