Google Code-in 2015 starts December 7th!

Stephanie Taylor

Oct 13, 2015, 5:09:42 PM10/13/15
to Google Code-in Announce

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the 6th year of the Google Code-in [0] contest will begin on December 7th! Over the last five years we have had over 2200 students from 87 countries work on tasks for 37 open source projects. Pre-university 13-17 year old students around the world will have the opportunity to put the skills they have been learning in the classroom to use on real open source projects for seven weeks from December 7 - January 25, 2016.

We’re looking forward to another fun and exciting contest this year and hope you’ll participate yourself if you are eligible and also spread the word to friends, family, and colleagues about the program. Please check out the timeline [1] for more important dates.

Please see our blog post [2] and FAQs [3] for more details on the contest. You can also sign up for the contest discussion list [4]. If you wish to pose a question to Google administrators about the contest please send them an email [5].

You can register as a student once the contest begins on Monday, December 7th at 17:00 UTC.

[0] - g.co/codein

[1] - https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/timeline

[2] - http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/10/dozen-of-one-half-dozen-of-other-6th_13.html

[3] - https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/faq

[4] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-discuss

[5] - gci-s...@google.com

Cheers,

Stephanie Taylor

Google Code-in Program Manager

Evan McIntire

Oct 13, 2015, 11:05:03 PM10/13/15
to Google Code-in Announce
Woo! I'm excited for another great year of Google Code In, even though this will be my last. Loving the new material design site, and I'm really looking forward to participating this year!

Vipul Sharma

Oct 26, 2015, 10:27:10 AM10/26/15
to Google Code-in Announce
Hi,

Do we have a new website or will be using the same as last year?

Stephanie Taylor

Oct 26, 2015, 10:29:53 AM10/26/15
to gci-annou...@googlegroups.com, Google Code-in Announce
Hello,

Do we have a new website or will be using the same as last year?

We will have a new website going live very soon.  g.co/codein is be the URL for the new site.  YOu can go to that page now and see general information about the contest but very soon there will also be a button that you push to enter the actual contest site from that page.

Best,
Stephanie

Paarth Tandon

Oct 26, 2015, 10:19:41 PM10/26/15
to Google Code-in Announce, gci-annou...@googlegroups.com
I love the new material design website. Can't wait for chrome to align with the new design philosophy.