Google Code-in 2017 Winners and Finalists announced

Stephanie Taylor

Feb 1, 2018, 3:25:07 AM2/1/18
to Google Code-in Announce
Congratulations to all of the 3,555 students who participated in Google Code-in 2017 with one of our awesome 25 open source organizations! We hope you have all enjoyed learning more about open source during the 7 weeks contest. We hope you continue to participate in open source.

Winners and Finalists!
We have announced the 50 Winners and 75 Finalists on both the Google Open Source blog and the Google Code-in site.  Congratulations to all of this year's Winners and Finalists!

Thank you mentors!
And a huge thank you to our 730+ mentors and organization administrators who were busy answering thousands of questions and reviewing over 16,000 tasks during this incredibly busy GCI. Your dedication to helping teenagers learn about open source and welcoming into your communities is an inspiration!

Prizes
The digital certificates have started going out and should arrive to all students who successfully completed a task in GCI 2017 by the end of this week. Mentors, your certificates will be sent out as soon as all of the students certificates go out.

As we mentioned in previous emails, those students who completed 3 tasks are eligible to receive a tshirt. When your t-shirt ships (around February 15th) you will receive a tracking number from the shipping company. It may take up to a month to be delivered. If you haven't received your shipment by March 15th, please feel free to reach out to the shipping company via email, but we would appreciate your patience until then.

Best,
Google Open Source team