Organization Applications now open for Google Code-in 2015

Stephanie Taylor

Nov 3, 2015, 4:31:00 PM11/3/15
to Google Code-in Announce

Hello,

Organization Applications are now open for Google Code-in 2015. If you would like to apply as a mentoring organization for Google Code-in your Organization Administrator can go to the program site [0] to complete your registration and application by hitting the “Enter Contest Site” button.

The deadline to complete all 3 steps of your application (Org profile, Org application and assigning 2 Org Admins) is next Wednesday, November 11th at 17:00 UTC.

We will announce the accepted organizations a couple of days later, on Friday, November 13th.

New Web app for Google Code-in

Our biggest change this year is the launch of our new web app that the contest will run on. Many of you are used to Melange but we hope you will find this new application easier to use and with some of the added functionality that many of you have requested for the last few years. We can’t make every change that is requested but we did read all of the comments left behind by students and mentors multiple times and tried to implement as many as we could while still keeping the web app as streamlined as possible.

Filing bugs

We realize there will be bugs and we ask that you please use this form [1]  to submit your bug and we will address it as soon as we can.

Logo upload instructions

When completing your org profile you will need a 300x300 transparent logo.  Please see our FAQs [2] on tips for making your logo transparent.

If you have any questions please contact us at gci-s...@google.com.

We are looking forward to our biggest and best Google Code-in yet!

The contest does not start for students until Monday, December 7th.

Best,

Stephanie Taylor

GCI Program Manager

[0] g.co/codein