GCE Summer Fete Invitation 2023 - Please sign up!

G...@uni-bayreuth.de

Jun 2, 2023, 5:20:34 AM6/2/23
to gce...@googlegroups.com, gce...@googlegroups.com, gce-...@googlegroups.com, gce...@googlegroups.com, gce...@googlegroups.com, gc...@googlegroups.com, gce...@gmail.com

Dear GCE alumni,

We are very pleased to invite you to the GCE Summer Fête 2023, to be held on July 1st at the Ecological Botanical Garden (ÖBG) @ 15:00! To RSVP, please find the sign-up sheet at the bottom of this email, the deadline is June 17th.

If for any reason you would still like to sign up after the deadline, please e-mail the GCE student board at gce-stud...@uni-bayreuth.de. However, we kindly ask this be the exception, rather than rule, to allow us to plan for the expected number of guests.

We would like to invite you to prepare a 5-to-10-minute talk on your post-GCE experiences, paths, and ambitions, and share some insights into the many directions in which Global Change Ecology may take us. If you would like to contribute, please let us know via the sign-up sheet.

As it worked so wonderfully last year, we are again looking forward to a potluck-style event where guests are invited to bring any and all kinds of food. Please specify on the sign-up sheet what you would like to bring and approximately how much, so we can avoid overlaps as well as prevent any excess or shortage of food. Beer, juices and other beverage refreshments will be provided for the party.

We kindly ask guests to contribute 10€ in order to allow us to cover all expenses for beverages and activities. These small contributions are the backbone of what propels our annual Summer Fête, where members of the GCE community can gather and exchange ideas, stories and jokes. Contributions, and any additional donations, will be accepted on the day of the event. Any surpluses will be allocated fully to future GCE events.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us (gce-stud...@uni-bayreuth.de) if you have any questions, concerns or ideas regarding the GCE Summer Fête 2023.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Your GCE Student Board