The issue with Google Compute Engine VM instance creation and deletion is partially resolved as of 15:14 US/Pacific.

Google Cloud Platform Status

Feb 18, 2021, 7:45:22 PM2/18/21
to gce-ope...@googlegroups.com
Description: The issue with Google Compute Engine VM instance creation and deletion is partially resolved. New VM instance creation and deletion requests as of 15:14 US/Pacific should succeed.

We are working through a backlog of creation and deletion requests that should complete in the next few hours and users may continue to see issues while we process this backlog.

We will provide an update by Thursday, 2021-02-18 18:00 US/Pacific with current details.

Diagnosis: Users impacted by this may have been unable to create new instances in us-central1, any products that rely on creating GCE instances in us-central1 as part of a workflow may also have seen an increase in errors. Delete operations may also have experienced latency.

Workaround: Retrying operations may succeed.

Google Cloud Platform Status

Feb 18, 2021, 7:59:58 PM2/18/21
to gce-ope...@googlegroups.com
The issue with Google Compute Engine VM creation and deletion has been resolved for all affected projects as of Thursday, 2021-02-18 16:56 US/Pacific.

We thank you for your patience while we worked on resolving the issue.