require Google login before accessing vm/website

johan vermeulen

Oct 28, 2021, 12:27:41 PM10/28/21
to gce-discussion
Hello All,

I'm just created my first VM on Google Cloud & configured a website on it.
I've been told that I can configure the website so that Google credentials are required before reaching the actual website.
But I can 't find the setting.

Can anyone help me with this?
Many thanks.
Greetings, Johan

Heb je deze e-mail per vergissing ontvangen? Gelieve ons dan onmiddellijk te contacteren en deze e-mail en bijhorende bestanden te verwijderen. Meer informatie: disclaimer

mbazzi

Oct 29, 2021, 6:48:53 PM10/29/21
to gce-discussion
Hello,

The details you have provided are similar to the functionality of our Identity-Aware Proxy product . IAP applies the relevant IAM policy to check if the user is authorized to access the requested resource. If the user has the IAP-secured Web App User role on the Cloud Console project where the resource exists, they're authorized to access the application.