gcp resource manager folder api broken

Kapil Thangavelu

Mar 19, 2021, 9:43:04 AM3/19/21
to gce-discussion
Hi Folks,

I've found a regression in the gcp resource manage api (v2). The folder `list` api no longer works and reports an invalid argument, even though it has no required parameters, again this api used to work fine, but is now broken. to verify for yourself

this can be checked directly against the api docs

submitting there with zero to any combination of parameters (again non required) results in

{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"
  }
}

I've also tried all the other variants of the api with this method (v2beta1) no dice.

Don't even get me started on trying to get through to non existent gcp cloud support...  five days to sign up for role based support, and pay per user, to report a bug w/ basic apis on gcp.

Derek Murphy

Mar 25, 2021, 10:45:55 AM3/25/21
to gce-discussion

Hello,

I believe that I may have found the reason for your issue. It would appear that you must provide a parent organization in the API in the form of :

organizations/{org_id}

Usually in the API parameters list the parameters listed first in the “Try this API” tool are the ones that are mandatory, in this case this does not appear to be true. Please try this and let us know if the issue persists.

Kapil Thangavelu

Apr 1, 2021, 5:29:28 AM4/1/21
to Derek Murphy, gce-discussion
thanks for clarifying. i ended up switching to the v2 folder search api which doesn't require parent (though supports it as a query).

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/d1f99808-7a8f-429c-81db-ccb75abda15fn%40googlegroups.com.